Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Diva Challenge - Baroque Motifs

Good morning Diva's (do you realise how weird it is saying that at 3.30pm??)

Just before I left for convention I put a challenge to the Diva's to make a creation using the Baroque Motifs stamp set - I just love this set and all the stamps in it as you can create absolutely anything from a soft feminine card to a totally masculine card. Its just so versatile I believe every house should have one!

Our first card today is done by the lovely Pat Washburn.

You will remember the lovely boxes that Pat shared the tutorial for a few weeks ago. Here is her stunning card - isnt it gorgeous??

Recipe:

Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Garden Green, Groovy Guava

Other: Dimentionals, Glitter Glue, Round Ice Brad,
sm. paint brush

I made the flower using the 5 Petal Flower Punch. I used the Empressor Stylus on the flower punch working it all over. Then I split the cardstock so I had two flowers. I again worked the stylus on the smooth side around each petal, turned it over and used the small end of the stylus made a line from the center to near the tip of each petal.

Then I used a small paint brush and "painted" Groovy Guava on the edges and down the center of each petal. The leaves were made by folding a piece (apx 1/2") of Wasabi Green in half and running it through the crimper at an angle. I then cut appropriate lengths and curved one end from the fold out. When opened they resemble leaves with a center and a
ngled veins.

Our next share is from the lovely Maggie Mathern.

Maggie is one of the few Aussies in our Diva's group and made these cards for friends.

This one also incorporates the Simon Lower chipboard and using the Enchante papers which was recently retired - I am still mourning the loss of those papers!

This one also shows the faux stitching done with Stampin' Up!'s white gel pen.

The second one from Maggie is a simple yet very elegant card in Night of Navy, Sahara Sand and Whisper White.

If you look really closely you can see the paper piercing .. as you can imagine it took ages but the effect is just stunning and well worth the labour.

Here are a couple of samples from me too and I do hope you like these samples and that maybe you have been convinced you 'need' this set too.

Just think you oould get this one set and make both your Mother's Day cards and your Father's Day cards from it - now how thrifty is that?

So get onto your friend Stampin' Up! demonstrator and order one today - actually order two so you can give mum one for Mother's Day!

Have a great Wednesday and dont forget to take time for yourself!

Leonie



2 comments:

carolm said...

love your challenge leonie and the cards submitted. thanx.

carol.

(i would have played, but do not have the set.)

EdieB said...

Great projects. I love all the different samples for my favorite set. TFS, EdieB