Saturday, April 5, 2008

Polished Stone

Today I would like to introduce Elizabeth H to you all. Elizabeth has created a wonderful card using the polished stone technique. Her colors are simply beautiful and I love how she embossed the heart. I can't wait to get down to Florida to meet this mommy of two. :) Here's what she wanted to share with you all.....

Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I am a divorced mom of 2 wonderful kids, and we live in Tampa, Florida. My son is in the 5th grade, and my daughter is in 4th. I love to volunteer at school, and I am Homeroom Mom for both classes. We love to go to Disney...we try to get there once a month. I have a full-time job (in addition to "mommy") at a local Ford dealership. I like to read and stamp in my spare time. :) I became a SU! demo in September 2006 after attending a workshop at my SIL's. I figured there was so much stuff I wanted, no...needed, LOL, that I should just sign up myself! I met Max on SCS and became a Diva in April 2007. (Holy cow! It's been almost a year!) UDI is full of great people and tons of inspiration! It has been so much fun!

I made my card using the Polished Stone technique (minus the metallic reinker) found on SCS. I took a cotton ball and wet it with rubbing alcohol. Then I put 2 drops each of Purely Pomegranate, Pink Passion and Pixie Pink ink refills on the cotton ball. (Tip: If you don't want pretty colored fingers, wear gloves.) I pounced the cotton ball around on a piece of glossy cardstock until I liked the way it looked. I used a large piece for a background, and I used a smaller piece to stamp my image. I stamped the heart from Always with VersaMark on the smaller piece, and heat embossed with black EP. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the large piece the same way. This card will be going to my mom for Mother's Day. I hope she likes it.

It's a really fun, easy technique. Give it a shot!


Recipe:
Always stamp set; Whisper White, Glossy White & Basic Black CS; Purely Pomegranate, Pink Passion & Pixie Pink reinkers; Basic Black grosgrain ribbon; VersaMark; black embossing powder; cotton ball & rubbing alcohol.


Thank you so much for sharing with us, Elizabeth. I'm definitely going to need to try this one out for myself...especially since you said it's easy. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Alicia :)

3 comments:

EdieB said...

Beautiful card and a great sample of this fun technique. TFS, EdieB

Judi Harvey said...

Elizabeth, I love your card and I love this technique. TFS! Judi H

carolm said...

gorgeous card elizabeth. i have always been polished stone challenged for some reason. lol
thanx for sharing.

tell mickey hi the next time you're in disney. wow, to be able to go every month. i would be in heaven.

cheers ~ carol