Saturday, April 26, 2008

Southern Saturday

Today it is my pleasure to introduce a wonderful woman to all of you. Krista was one of my Stampin' Sisters and became a great friend of mine. I'm so blessed to have met her and become friends with her. Here's what she would like to share.....

Well this is more difficult to do that I thought it would be, I have a hard time talking about myself. I am so pleased and honored to share with you today. Thank you Alicia for featuring me in the diva spotlight.

When I started this journey I never in a million years thought that I would meet and speak to so many wonderful ladies and now a lot are my friends, so thank you for that ladies. Speaking of journeys, the very first card I made looks awful to me now. However, when I first was showing it around, it was darling. Looking at it now it needs to be in the TRASH!!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

Hello. My name is Krista and I live in Adel, GA (down South, where it's HOT and the mosquitoes are awful). I have been married to my husband, Shane, for almost four years. I do work outside the home and I love my job. I work at the United States Postal Service as a Relief Rural Carrier. I have been a Stampin Up demonstrator for 4 years and love what I do. I love the products and I LOVE my card making work right now, I so love doing the cracked glass technique and layering. I have two children, Kacey is 19 1/2 and Tyler is 15 years old. Kacey gave me a grandson 5 months ago and his name is Kaleb, he is precious. For those of you that didn't know, he had brain surgery 9 weeks ago, but is doing SO MUCH BETTER THAN WE ALL( including the doctors) EXPECTED. I'm so blessed to have this little bundle of joy in my life.

Here's the recipe for the first card...
Stamp Set: Always Live your Dream
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
DSP:Afternoon Tea, Ginger Blossom
Accessories:Photo Corner Punch, Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon, HodgePodge Hardware, Pearls from Pretties Set, SNAIL, Two Way Glue
Technique:Sponging
Stamp Sets: Bloomin Beautiful
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Groovy Guava
Ink: VersaMark, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip
Markers: Cameo Coral, Regal Rose, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss
Acessories: Blender Pen, Aqua Painter, Black Brads, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Heat Tool, SNAIL
Technique: Cracked Glass

Thank you so much Krista for sharing your creations with us. I'm so happy that you are beginning to love what you create. Hugs!! Alicia :)

2 comments:

carolm said...

beautiful work krista. i love your cracked glass.

cheers ~ carol.

Judi Harvey said...

Hi Krista! Your cards are lovely. I know what you mean about those first cards but that's how we grow and learn. Thanks for sharing with us!

Judi