Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Touch on Wood

Its Wednesday again so you are all blessed with a post from me!!

With all the excitement and preparation & then recovery from Stampin Up Convention I dont have anyone to showcase today so I am going to share with you one of my very favourite techniques - Faux Woodgrain.

Depending on what colours you use you will get a different look
each time and so this technique can be used for either masculine or feminine cards or just the rustic look.

Back in November 2007 I was asked to do a workshop wow at
Sydney Regionals training - once I picked myself up off the floor and stopped shaking I agreed and this was the technique I demonstrated and I think those there did like what I did. Well some did and I must say I have never been so nervous in my life before!

This card here I've used Bashful Blue cardstock as the base and then used the whisper white craft ink pad with the brocade blue classic ink over the top. It gives a lovely shabby chic look.


If you would like to see a video on how to do the technique there is a great one by Gina K Designs on google video here


Here are a few more samples using the same tech
nique but using different colours.


As you can see you can get different effects using the different colours of inks & cardstock.




I've also used the Weathered Background on these and it gives a lovely rustic look.

I hope you like what I've done and I challenge you to grab your ink pads and have a go at the technique yourself and see what you come up with - it really is very easy to get a great effect with this one.

Happy Wednesday to you and have a great week!


Leonie

3 comments:

carolm said...

it's beautiful leonie. i love it!!!

xox ~ carol.

Maria Williams :) said...

WoW! so amazing! Awesome job Leonie!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a great technique! I viewed the tutorial, and I am amazed at how easy this technique is. I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing it with us, Leonie.