Monday, April 21, 2008

Free Wheelin' Monday Part II

Happy Monday Everyone!

The Free Wheelin' Promotion is in full swing and like most good things, it has to come to an end. Up until April 30th, you have the chance to order certain stamp sets and receive the matching jumbo wheel for free.




I have long admired EDIE B's work and wanted to share two of her projects with you today. I was the lucky recipient of this beautiful card. Edie sent it for my birthday and it was surely one of those 'WOW' moments.

Stitched Exotics







Here is how Edie created the card:




This layout was CASE'd from Amy Sheffer at Pickled Paper Designs. I switched out Stitched Exotics for Amy's One of a Kind and used the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel to create the background design. Did I mention that I got the wheel free? ;-}



For this card, I knew I wanted to use Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate and Basic Black. The splash of white from Amy's use of the white scalloped edge provides a brightening accent. Since the card base is Basic Black, I stamped the interior sentiment onto a 3x4 trimmed piece of Whisper White card stock.I then stamped the flowers from Stitched Exotics in Purely Pomegranate and Old Olive and trimmed them closely so as to trim away the stitched edge of the designs.


I layered these with a small Pumpkin Pie flower punched using the Three For You punch from this year's punch kit and adhered all the flower layers with an Old Olive colored brad. The mat is paper-pierced all the way around and there is a length of Old Olive poly twill ribbon tied around and knotted.

The flowers are popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's! Holidays & Wishes. It is stamped in Versamark, sprinkled with Black embossing powder and heat set.




Enjoy Every Moment






Here is how Edie created this card:







The layout is a CASE from a card by Nancy Riley. Check out her blog. She has a lot of great ideas and I love her color choices.



For my card, I used a Groovy Guava card base and rolled the Daisy Dash jumbo wheel in Groovy Guava ink. Jumbo ink cartridges are not offered in the new In Colors so I used a Groovy Guava ink refill and an uninked jumbo cartridge to make my own. To do so, just rub the ink into the wheel cartridge using the tip of the re-inker. The amount of ink depends on the color you desire really. If you apply too much, just roll some off or add more ink if you find the color too light.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the "e" from enjoy perfectly in the center of the flower and to stamp the "every moment" sentiment in just the right spot under the enjoy.

The Ticket Corner punch was used at each corner and gold brads were placed as embellishments at the corners as well as at the center of the flower in the center of the O at the end of enjoy. Phew, that was hard to spit out ;-)

Finally, I used the photo corner punch to make the Chocolate Chip corner used to embellish the DSP mat and I pierced holes across the photo corner using the Paper Piercing tool and Mat Pack to mimic the dashes of the wheel pattern. All in all a fun card to make.

Check out Edie's Blog for more wonderful creations by clicking here.

If you are interested in joining our awesome online group, please email utahdivasinternational@gmail.com for more information.

Have a fabulous day
Max

1 comment:

carolm said...

great cards edie. thanx for sharing. i love your blog also.

carol.