Hello everyone! Today I would like to introduce you to another talented Diva, Kathy B. She is such a wonderful and caring person. I am so glad she is part of the group.
Hi! My name is Kathy Blanco. I am a mom to two beautiful kids (Matt - 15yrs and Samantha 12yrs) and married to a wonderful man for almost 16 -1/2 yrs. Lou is the "love of my life". Can't picture my life without him. I work full time with my DH at our sign shop. Because the shop is behind our house, I feel like an SAHM because I am here to see them off in the morning and here when they get home from school and get to run them all around. I love being a part of this UDI group. I have been a member for almost a year now. At the end of this month is my 1st UDI anniversary. Woo Hoo! I love to check out samples of creations made by others; it inspires me to use my creativity. I love coming up with my own creations too. Besides stamping, my other hobby is photography. I love taking pictures. I just need to get myself to scrapbook them now. lol
I am happy to share some of my recent creations with all of you. Below are three samples for you to view. Hope you like them so much that you want to C.A.S.E. them. Happy Stamping Everyone! Kathy
Card One: For You
Stamps: All Holidays, Time Well Spent (Level 3 Hostess - Spring Summer catty)
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Natural White
Inks: certainly celery and black staz on
Markers: certainly celery, old olive, pretty in pink, yo yo yellow
Accessories: Crystal Effects, adhesive, post-it note (for masking)
Notes: 1. Using the staz on ink, stamp out the flowers four times - one on top and three off to the sides. Before cleaning the stamp, stamp off onto the sticky note pad. Cut out and use as a mask for the flowers while you stamp the stem and leaves. Try to stamp on the section that has the sticky part on the back, so your flower will stay in place while you stamp.
2. Color in the stem and leaves using certainly celery and old olive markers.
3. Color in the flower using the pretty in pink marker.
4. Color in the little circles with yo yo yellow.
5. Stamp the "for you" in old olive to the front of the card, next to the stem.
6. Adhere the natural's white to certainly celery, then to old olive, then to front of card.
7. Using crystal effects, fill in each circle and let dry.
Card Two: happy birthday
Stamps: Embrace Life, Birthday Whimsy (s-a-b '08 set)
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Inks: Basic Brown, Groovy Guava (SU! in color), really rust, and certainly celery, so saffron (marker)
Accessories: Narrow twill tape, stampin' dimensionals, CM photo tape - for apply the ribbon, snips, aqua painter, stampin' sponge, Crafter's Tool Kit, Key Tag punch (the "happy birthday" would not fit into the word window).
Notes: 1. I sponged color on the three pieces of so saffron and certainly celery and then sponged the edges on each.
2. I stamped the whole flower onto whisper white and then another flower to pop off of the card.
3. I stamped the plant using basic brown then cut it out leaving a little space all around the plant.
4. I colored all of the flowers with groovy guava first then really rust using the "bump and press" method then picking up the color with the aqau painter.
5. I made stitch marks using the Crafter's Tool Kit poker and grid all around the edges of each of the so saffron pieces.
6. The "happy birthday" saying was stamped in basic brown, sponged, then punched out with the Key Tag punch, then cut down to size. Stampin' Dimensionals were used to pop it off the page.
7. The twill tape is cut to the front of the card, it does not wrap around it. The knot is a seperate piece of twill tape.
Personalized Tag: Kathy
Stamps: Merci (s-a-b '08 set)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Lavender Lace, and "The Spring Glitter Stack" by DCWV
Inks: Basic Black Markers: Lavender Lace, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Basic Black
Accessories: Silver Cording, Lt. Orchid Grosgrain ribbon, Crop-A-Dile, Lg white eyelet, 1/16" punch, 3/4" circle punch, word window punch, sticky strip, micro beads, snips, adhesive, mini glue dots
These tags are great to use as name tags or to use in swaps with members of your team so you can get to know everyone. :)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.