Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Utah Divas Stampin' Sisters Program


Stampin' Sisters has always been a part of UDI since its beginning. Our members sign up and Max, our Queen Diva, pairs us up. The program lasts for 3 month increments. Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Aug-Oct. The program does not run in July, Nov and Dec due to Convention and the holidays; however, we may do a monthly round during that time for those who do not attend convention or who may want a Christmas package ;)

Each Diva sister sends and receives 3 packages. Each package contains at least $20 in Stampin' Up! product (from a wish list) and 3 hand-stamped items. The Diva may want to add something else such as chocolate, candy etc~stuff you learn your sister likes as you get to know her better.
The program isn't all about packages though-it is about emailing and building friendships with other Divas. The commitment is very straight forward and the program has been a HUGE success enabling our Divas to get to know fellow Divas on a much more personal level.


For the first three months of this year, my sister has been Terry J. She is the expert on email jokes and fun facts. She sends light-hearted messages to let me know she is thinking of me always and she is a very talented stamper. As such, I would like to share my sister's story with you as well as one of her lovely hand-stamped cards. Terry says:

I have been married to my husband Jack for nearly 30 years. We have one son whose name is Jerrod and he is 29 year old. He is definitely the light of both of our lives. We are hoping that he gets married soon!! We are soooo ready for grand babies!!! I have been a SU demonstrator for one year. I have always done some kind of craft. If I'm not painting, then I am crocheting. If I am not crocheting, then I am stamping. I was browsing the SU website and was so impressed with their products that I began thinking that maybe I should look into being a demonstrator. I went onto the demonstrator locater and found Max. I really liked the way she presented herself and her projects, so I called her up. And the rest is history.
Terry's "Let the Cute Begin" card above features the Big On Spring stamp set available now through June 30 and found in the Occasions Mini Collection. Terry stamped the focal image with Basic Black Classic Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and colored the letters in Bashful Blue. She then re-stamped the image on Bashful Blue DSP and trimmed out the little onesie to adhere over the focal image. You can only receive the Bashful Blue Designer Series Paper in the Prints Pack which is offered as a hostess benefit. If you need these colors, which are gorgeous in real life, call your demonstrator now to book a stamping party. In addition to the usual benefits this month, any hostess party reaching over $300 receives an additional $25 in Stampin' Up merchandise!
Sorry about getting side-tracked there. Back to Terry's card. To embellish her card, Terry used the paper piercing tool to outline around the focal image mat and to pierce holes she used for cross-stitching with Linen Thread at the corners. A final touch is the Mellow Moss button also embellished with Linen Thread. Beautiful card! I was very excited to receive one of my own in the mail from Terry.
If you would like to know more about joining the Utah Divas, email me directly at jim.edie@roadrunner.com. Please put Utah Divas in the subject line. Thank you Terry & thank you everyone for stopping by UDI. EdieB

1 comment:

carolm said...

edie, what a great way to share the sister program with others and terry, your card is adorable. thank you both for sharing with us.

cheers ~ carol.