Thursday, April 3, 2008

Treat Holder and Doodle Carrots

Today's diva is one I've gotten to know. She is a very sweet and dedicated person. She also used to be the SCIAB coordinator before she passed the baton on to me. It's my pleasure to introduce you to Lisa G. ~

"I've been stamping for about 10 years and joined UDI after Charmaine introduced me to Max, Adrian, Daisy, Ruthie and more at the 2005 Stampin' Up! Convention. UDI is my favorite spot on the web because everyone is so positive, encouraging, and friendly. And there are so many wonderful stamping ideas there. Max, “Her Royal Highness,” is just phenomenal (and her British accent is cool, too)!! I've had to step back from SU over the last few years because going back to work full-time... Currently, I work with students with learning differences (K-4). There is a ton of paperwork involved, and lots of assessment besides lesson planning and teaching. I love working with all the kids, and kids love to stamp!! My husband, 'tween daughter and I love to travel and read.

-Lisa G."

Project #1: Bali Breeze treat holder

I made this for a UDI Tutorial Challenge (hosted by talented diva Michelle Hoffman). March's challenge was to create a treat holder that could be hung on a water bottle, wine bottle, etc. My finished project didn't quite fit over the top of sparkling cider bottle…and I didn't want to force it. I love embellishments so I didn't even stamp on this project (a first for me).

Paper: Apricot Appeal CS, and Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper

Punches: Ticket punch, scallop punch, 1 ¼ circle punch (but you may need 1 3/8" punch depending on what you are hanging it on.

Other: Purely Pomegranate Double-stitched ribbon, Ice Rhinestone brads, Flower Fusion felt flowers, Sticky tape.


Project 2: Doodle This Carrot gift set

CS: So Saffron, Whisper White

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Only Orange, Green Galore, Glorious Green, Lovely Lilac, Pixie Pink

Stamp Sets: Doodle This, Doodle That

Punches: Key Tag, horizontal Slot, 1" circle, double rectangle

Other: Five in One card template (I lengthened and adjusted the small pouch in the middle of the template), lavender tissue paper, pail from Target's $1 Spot, certainly celery and mellow moss grosgrain ribbon, and pink organdy ribbon.

Directions for Carrot: I made it with Whisper White cardstock (template is from SU demo website), and sponged on the pumpkin pie and green galore ink after stamping the doodles with only orange and glorious green ink. Put "leaves" on carrot lid and attach with ribbon and double rectangle punch.

Thank you Lisa for sharing your creativity with us today! I LOVE all the new accessories Stampin Up came out with in the Spring - Summer Collection 2008! They make it easy to put awesome projects together without stamping! Don't get me wrong, I love stamping, but sometimes it gets real time consuming. The new papers and accessories are to die for!!!

Have a very wonderful Thursday!!

~Maria~

2 comments:

EdieB said...

Wow! What great projects. The Divas are really tearing up the stampin' world. Every day the projects are better and better. TFS, EdieB

carolm said...

lisa, i love your carrots. they are so cute. and your bottle hanging thing too. i love bali breeze the more i see it.

cheers ~ carol.