Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Day of Inspiration

This past week has flown by - I cannot believe it's Thursday again! Just recently I have become super interested in Inspiration Challenges. I too have kept my eye out for any image that I could use at a later date. I've been snapping many images with my camera phone, so hopefully I can get my creative juices flowing with ease!

Well, the image that inspired today's cards is a Lanie Loreth print available at Coldwater Creek. This is from Beate's Be Inspired Challenge #10 found here.

Would you believe this is my first creation from any inspiration challenge I've seen? What's real cool about this type of a challenge is there are no "wrong" answers. You can run with the color scheme, the layout of the picture, or even something completely different that sparked a thought. There is so much creative freedom, but that's where the challenge lies. Sometimes having all those options only makes it that much harder.

So here is what I came up with.

Stamps: A Beautiful Thing
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Glossy CS
Ink: So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, VersaMark, StazOn Black
Accessories: Sponge, Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Hodge Podge Hardware, White Embossing Powder

The flowers were stamped first on the glossy card stock in VersaMark ink then embossed with White Embossing Powder. Then the rest of the glossy cs was sponged with various inks starting from the lightest to the darkest.

Bev W. also took the challenge with me and came up with this beautiful creation:

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Mellow Moss, Summer Sun
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Mellow Moss, Summer Sun, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Coluzzle, Heart Brads

I love how she splashed just a touch of Tempting Turquoise in the middle of the flower and the glitter! Brings your attention to the mixing of the colors in the flower.

I encourage you to flex your creative muscles and try an Inspiration Challenge! Until next week, Happy Stampin'!

~~Maria~~

1 comment:

carolm said...

beautiful cards ladies. i've never heard of an inpirational challenge before. neat.

carol.