Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Introducing Becky Roberts

Hello everyone.  I am the new Tuesday Coordinator and I am very excited to be a part of the UDI Blog.  I am also excited to introduce my first UDI member AND a very dear friend - Becky Roberts.  I contacted Becky when I was looking for other Demonstrators in the Boise area.  She responded and we found that we live in the same neighborhood and quickly have become friends.  With both of us newly to Boise, we are both facing the same challenges of starting our business over.  We are working together on some events and encouraging each other to become successful demonstrators in the Boise area.

So without any further ado - my dear friend -- Becky.

I've loved every minute of my 6 years as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator!  I've met some of the most amazing people and made great friendships.  What started out as a fun discount, soon flourished into a full time business allowing me the flexibility to stay home with my family.  I have 2 boys - ages 12 and 9.  We've recently relocated to Boise, ID for my husbands job and I have been working on restarting my business here.  It's been a little difficult but it's coming along.  I started a blog mainly to keep in touch with my customers in CA, but have met some pretty cool internet friends along the way.  Feel free to check it out at www.inkingidaho.blogspot.net.  Thanks to my great friend, Stacy Palmer, I am happy to be a part of the Utah Divas and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at convention this year.

My latest class I am offering using the Live Your Dream stamp set is a mail order class.  If you are interested in receiving everything cut for you and delivered to your door, this is the project for you!  All cards are designed using the Stampin' Up! 'Live Your Dream' set and 'Afternoon Tea' designer paper.  I've cut all the paper for you, will send detailed instructions with full color pictures, as a couple of the cards have hidden surprises on the inside.  The kit also includes the ribbons, embellishments and envelopes.  Cost of the kit is $25, shipping included.  Please check out more ordering information on my website.

The latest project I have designed, based on an original idea by Jan Tink at 
http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/tutorials/index.html is pictured below.  When Jan made her project she used the Carousel Notes & Envelopes.  I used Love Notes & Envelopes.

Here are the instructions for my miniature version:

INGREDIENTS:
*  (2) 3x3 Love Note envelopes, I used Vanilla.
*  3-1/8" x 3" piece of Very Vanilla.  Score the 3" side in half at 1-1/2".
*  Le Jardin Designer Series paper:
   - 2 pieces for the left and right pages cut 2-5/8" x 2-3/4".
   - 1 piece for the center section.  Cut 2-7/8" x 2-3/4", score the 2-7/8" side and fold in half.
   - 2 pieces for the front and back cover.  Cut both 3" x 3".
   - 2 pieces for the inside circle pages.  Cut both 3" x 3".
   - Various scrap pieces for decorating pages.
*  2 Brocade Blue card stock pieces.  Cut both pieces 2-7/8" x 3" for the inside left and right pages.
*  Punching scallops you will need River Rock, Brocade Blue and Always Artichoke card stock.  1 for the cover flap and 2 for the inside circle pages.
*  Various sizes of card stock for whatever you decide to stamp on the inside
 center piece.
*  Marcy 3" scallop punch
*  Marvy 2-1/2" circle punch
*  SU! 1-1/4" circle punch
*  Paper piercing tool and mat
*  Always Artichoke Grosgrain ribbon
*  Sticky Velcro circles
*  Rectangle punch
*  Sticky Strip
*  Live Your Dream stamp set

DIRECTIONS:
1.  Lay the two 3x3 Love Note envelopes down with the flaps facing up.  Adhesive the Very Vanilla card stock to the flaps and fold on the score mark.  It should look like a "W" now when you stand it up.

Inside pages:
2.  Layer the background paper to the Brocade Blue card stock.  Using the 1-1/4" punch, punch half circle in the center of both pages, left and right (so you can see the circle card underneath).
3.  Attach page to the envelope being careful not to adhesive the opening closed.
4.  Attach the scored background paper to the center page and fold.
5.  Using the scallop punch, punch a scallop circle from the River Rock, Brocade Blue and Always Artichoke card stocks.  Punch the background papers for the centers using the 2-1/2" circle punch.  Layer together.  Poke holes in scallops using the paper piercing tool for decoration.
6.  Insert scallop pages into the envelopes.
7.  Stamp and/or decorate the various card stock pieces you want to use for the center 2 pages.  The inside is now finished.

Outside/Cover:
8.  Adhesive the background pieces to the outsides of the envelopes.  Use scrap pieces of background paper to make the decoration strip for the front cover and use ribbon, if desired.
9.  Fold the Always Artichoke scallop in half and use the rectangle punch to place two holes on the back side for the ribbon handle.  Insert ribbon and secure with Sticky Strip.
10. Stamp a center embellishment for the flap and layer on circle punches, if desired.
11. Place the Velcro sticker under the flap and fold together.
12. Add photos and enjoy!

Thank you for letting me introduce my friend, Becky.  I look forward to sharing more with you each Tuesday.  Have a great week!  

Stacy P.

3 comments:

Leonie Schroder said...

Oh Becky I love this and look forward to making one or three in the upcoming weeks. Its nice to 'meet' you ;)

carolm said...

becky, i love your live your dream mail class. it's beautiful.

i, too, get the stamps,paper,ink blog and have made about four of those little purse scrapbooks. i love them and they are so easy!!!!

cheers ~ carol.

EdieB said...

Wow Becky! Love all the projects. They are gorgeous. The Afternoon Tea DSP is just stunning with your creations. TFS, EdieB