Thursday, April 10, 2008

Friday is here again!

Hello stampers, welcome to another Friday edition of the blog!-I am posting a bit early because I am in Cottonwood Heights right now celebrating Max's birthday! I am afraid that I will get carried away, having so much fun, and forget to post! (Don't you all wish you were here? {evil laugh} )
It is my pleasure to introduce Lori Maxson. Thank you Lori, for taking the time to submit these beautiful projects and sharing about yourself.


A little about me: I'm a hobby demo. I signed up 6 yrs ago. I have a son, Jacob, who is 13. He is AWESOME!!!! I'm very blessed to have him! I also have 1 great niece, Rebekkah, who is 7 and 5 great-nephews, Blake & Ethan-4 yr old twins, Devon, 2, Nathaniel, 14 mos & Login, 8 1/2 mos. I also have 5 fuzzy kids--2 dogs, Bernie a black lab/husky & Ellie a black lab/Australian Shepard & 3 cats, Big Blackie, Smudge & Marshmellow. I'm the youngest of 5 kids--I have 4 older brothers--can you say spoiled? I have a BS in Biochemistry from Michigan State University--go Spartans, but I work full-time as a mortgage processor/financial planner assistant. I also take care of my mother--she lives in her own apartment, but I go over 4-5 times/week to help clean, prepare meals, etc. I'm also an elder at my church-Yorkville Community Church in Richland, MI. I also serve on the committee for Jacob's boy scout troop and am part of the Band Parents Association--Jacob plays the tuba in the 7th grade band. I enjoy all kinds of crafts besides stampin' especially working with kids on doing craft projects. In the past I have been co-coordinator of our church's Vacation Bible School as well as being in charge of the crafts. I have also been an active volunteer in Jacob's classes--helping with craft projects and dissections for science. I have enjoyed being a part of the DIVA's and look forward to getting to know more of the other members. Thanks for letting me share. --Lori


Here are 2 great projects from Lori:


-1- is a card using bashful blue, chocolate chip & creamy caramel c/s, bashful blue, ballet blue, and garden green & certainly celery markers, & the stamp set is from the occasions mini.


-2- is a picture frame. I used Cutie Pie DS and the Time Well Spent stamp set. I covered the edge of the frame with pomegranate ribbon. really cute in real life :)

2 comments:

carolm said...

first of all jennifer, it is not nice to laugh evil-ly at those of us who cannot be with max to celebrate. :(

lori, you know i love your work and you.

cheers ~ carol.

Judi Harvey said...

Very pretty cards Lori and as someone who grew up in the great state of Michigan and a MSU Fan I'll say "GO SPARTANS!!!"