Tuesday, April 15, 2008

By The Sea From Across the Sea

Hi Everyone! You have had the pleasure of getting to know one of my favorite international Divas, Leonie, who is our regular Wednesday UDI Blog contributor and lives in Australia. I look forward to hearing about Leonie's convention fun tomorrow, if she has recovered that is.

Today, I have the pleasure of introducing another international Diva, my friend Sam from England. Sam created this adorable card especially for your blogging enjoyment today. You will recognize the stamp set, Summer By The Sea, which is retired here in the U.S., but remains current in England. Here is what Sam has to say about herself:

Hi I am Sam, I live in Guildford England, it's not too far from London, and I am married to an airline pilot so I get lots of time to craft! I do have a room just for my crafting supplies, but often seem to take over the whole house. I used to work as a government lawyer, until a serious illness forced me to reconsider what I wanted out of life. I now work as a freelance consultant and have just taken on an SU demoship. I love stamping card making and scrapbooking and I want to grow this passion into a business that I can be proud of.

Recipe:
The stamp sets are Summer by the Sea and Seeing Spots.
Inks are So Saffron and Ballet Blue (second stamped) a couple of the spots are where I mixed ballet blue with so saffron.
The cardstock is Whisper White and from Earth Tones.
There is hodgepodge in the corner and the Ticket Corner Punch and Scallop Circle Punch were used.


I do in fact see a successful SU career in your future Sam! Thanks so much for sharing with us today. I hope we see more of your creations and hear more about your Stampin' Up! adventures across the sea.

Happy Stampin' Everyone! EdieB

4 comments:

carolm said...

hi sam. thanx for sharing with us. i love summer by the sea and was disappointed when it retired.

getting to know our international divas is so much fun and i look forward to seeing your posts on the udi site.

carol.

Judi Harvey said...

Sam, what a lovely card with lovely colors. Thanks for sharing your card and your story with us.

Diva hugs!
Judi

zuziqu said...

Summer by the Sea is still current in the US and Canada. It is on page 33 of the Spring/Summer Catalogue.

Sue

EdieB said...

Zuziqu,

You're so right. Totally my bad. Thanks for pointing that out for us. EdieB :D