Saturday, April 19, 2008

samedi

I am so excited to introduce a very special Diva to you, Nina A. She is such a kind and wonderful lady and it is my pleasure to share one of her projects and a little about her. Nina is from France (Saint Arnoult en Yvelines) and has written her information to me in French. :) Now...I know you don't all speak French (I don't either...I'm a Spanish teacher), so I will be posting the translated version. I have told Nina that if she ever has any questions about anything, to just write in French and my husband will let me know what it says. :) So...hopefully...his French is still okay. :) My sincere apologies to Nina if there are any mistakes.

I am 43 years old and have 3 children-2 boys (8 and 5 1/2) and one three-year-old girl. I have scrapped for four and a half years. I discovered this passion with the death of my mother. It was my psychotherapy and has become a true passion. I created a scrap association and have given classes every week for two years.

I love stamps so much that I buy a lot from the US through the internet or on my trips to London and Paris. My scraproom is full. I am truly stamp-addicted. A good friend, Geraldine, that has been familiar with Stampin' Up for 10 years talked with me about SU coming to France. I ran to get information and signed up as a demonstrator immediately. I saw an opportunity for me to make new friends, to become a part of the Stampin' Up! family and to earn as many stamp sets as my sales allow.

Things in France are not the same as in America. In general, women in France scrapbook more than make cards. Due to this, starting has been a little difficult.

Recipe:
Papers: Designer series: Olive, SU Cardstock
Stamps: background en Francais, Shapes and Shadows, Lovely as a Tree, A Tree for All Seasons, Seeing Spots, Garden Silhouettes, In the Spotlight
Embellishments: SU and others buttons and ribbon, Wooden letters (Arbres), Once Upon a Time Rub Ons
Ink: Handsome Hunter and Olive Green


First prepare the cover: Cut out chipboard into a rectangle that measures 34.5 x 17 cm (approx. 13.6" x 6.7"). On the large side, fold each side at 15 cm (approx. 5.9"). The remaining piece will be 4.5 cm (approx. 1.8"). Cover the piece of the rectangle that is 7 x 17 cm (approx. 2.75" x 6.7")front and back, then cover the front and back and ink the edges. Use two pieces of CS of the same color family (30x30 cm/approx. 11.8" x 11.8") and cut them in half. You will have four pieces of CS that you will fold in the middle. Alternate the CS colors and with the Crop-A-Dile connect your album with a ribbon.

Alternate DSP, CS and your stamps of choice throughout the album/make edges, rectangles, circles; stamp, ink the edges of the paper. Make two large tags 9 x 17.5 cm (approx. 3.5" x 6.9"), ink, stamp and put into the album.

Embellish the album with buttons, stamped images using Dimensionals, add some chipboard, attach brads, ribbon and cord and then your album is finished.

Thank you so much for sharing your project with us, Nina. Hope the translation is correct. :)

Alicia :)

5 comments:

EdieB said...

Bonjour Nina,

Tres bon mes amie!

EdieB

mabranich said...

C'est tres joli, Nina!
Linda B.

Ninascrap said...

Merci. Vous etes adorables!!!!

carolm said...

thanx nina. your book is awesome. thank you for sharing with us.

i am not going to embarrass myself and attempt my high school french.

xox ~ carol.

Ninascrap said...

Thanks...You're wonderful
Nina A