Thursday, April 24, 2008

Inspiration from Convention

Have you ever seen a demonstration where you actually went "Wow! I HAVE to try that!"? Last year during convention, that happened to me. (Many times actually, but this one in particular inspired me.) Brent Steele was demonstrating a flower made from our new Taffeta ribbon. I went straight to the Internet Cafe and ordered all the supplies so that they would be waiting for me when I got home! (Sound like anyone you know????)Here is a picture of the card that Brent demo'd:

Beautiful right? And how funny was it to see him rummaging through his "Pretties Kit" looking for the right beads? This inspired me to make a paper bag scrapbook in the boho-west theme. I love making these books and knew right away that it would make a great class. Here is what I came up with once I got home:
It was fun, but then the designer paper retired! Whaa whaa! BUT THEN Stampin' Up! came out with a NEW Boho-West colorway.....do you love it?


It just goes to show you that one little flower can turn into a huge project! Thank you to Brent and to Stampin' Up! for the WOW that cost me a million dollars in the end....LOL, joking of course. I am looking forward to Convention this year, where we will be celebrating 20 years of Stampin' Up! I am looking forward to many more "WOW's" as we Celebate '08! See you there!


Jennifer

4 comments:

Kellie Paxton said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Terrific! I remember seeing this at Convention and thinking I am going to do that when I get home. Well needless to say, I still did not do it because I could not remember how to do the ribbon. Now that I see the picture, it is all coming back to me! Thanks, Kellie P.

Kay said...

Hi- I was unable to go to convnetion last year. PLEASE tell us how to make the flowers! LOVE them! Thanks Kay M.

carolm said...

very cute. i would also like to know how to do the ribbon flowers.

thanx. carol.

Jennifer Thomas said...

I will post a tutorial on this ribbon flower on next weeks Friday blog....(May 9)