Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Punch and Judi!

Ok ... so I was at a loss for a title but this post will show a new way with the 5 Petal Flower punch and its brought to us today by 'Judi' Harvey. I am a little excited as we now have this punch in our very new 2008 Idea Book & Catalogue in Australia so I can too get this punch and do this tutorial but it will have to wait until after our Stampin' Up! Convention next week (insert excitement here) in Brisbane, Australia. Here is Judi's introduction ...


Hi Everyone! Leonie asked me to share a little bit about myself. I live in a small town about 15 miles south of Knoxville Tenessee and I have lived in Tenessee since 1974. I grew up in Michigan and moved south with my first husband (he is a TN native). I really feel like I was supposed to be in this part of the country as I love the lifestyle here...not to mention the weather! I am married to a wonderful guy who is my best friend! Jerry and I got married 15 years ago and between us we have 5 children (4 girls and one guy) and 5 grandchildren (3 girls and 2 boys). Jerry supports and encourages me in all I do. I also have a day job where I work for the commercial lending division of a bank. I am the Loan Operations manager (yawn).


I found out about Stampin' Up! through my daughter. She lives in Nashville and called me one evening about 5 years ago and asked if I would like to come for a Stampin Up! workshop she was having. I had never heard of this company and was into scrapbooking not stamping. But...being the good mom that I try to be...I accepted and made the 3 hour drive for the workshop. My thoughts about stamping at that time was "Okay, so you spend $10 on one stamp, use it one time...then what do you do with it???" Well, needless to say, a whole new world was opened up to me and I was hooked. I came back home with a $150 order and in about 2 months finally found a Stampin' Up! demo in my area and joined her club. I was a club member for about 2 years and then decided I could do this myself ... so I signed up in July of 2005 (I think much to the chagrin of my demo!).


My favorite part about being a demo is teaching others how to stamp and how to do different techniques and then watching them react the same way I did. They suddenly see a new world open up to them! I encourage all my stampers to use the items they buy by asking them to create cards for my blog. I also try to encourage them to not be afraid to just try something new and that I too throw some things in the trash! It's all a part of learning.


I was invited to join UDI a little over a year ago. I was replying to a thread on Split Coast and Max sent me an email and asked me if I wanted to join. I love UDI and have made several friends through this group (waving to all my buds!). I hope one day to get to meet them all face to face. I find everyone to be encouraging and helpful...not to mention friendly! I just feel so uplifted by all the Divas and there is no negativity here like you find on some other sites. I love being a Diva!

I must say I love introducing Diva's here as I get to know more about many of them. I am very embarrassed to say I didn't know Judi before this introduction but I am finding that you can share many similarities in your life as those on the other side of the globe that share the same passion about Stampin' Up! and stamping. It never ceases to amaze me how this technology can bring so many people together from all over the world.

Judi has provided us with this great tutorial ....

Five Petal Punch Daisy

For this flower you will need ...

  • SU Five Petal Flower Punch
  • SU Boho Blossoms Punch
  • SU Paper Snips
  • SU Double Sided Designer Paper
  • Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive
  • SU Pretties Kit

1. Punch two flowers from the double sided designer paper

2. Using the paper snips make two small cuts toward the center (don’t cut all the way to the center) leaving two petals on one side and three petals on the other side.

3. Fold the two petal side behind the three petals side lining up the two petals between the three petals. Make sure you fold the flowers to the opposite side so you have two different sides of the paper showing on the front.



4. Put two small dots of glue on the front of one of the flowers and attach it to the underside of the second flower lining up the petals.


It is not necessary to glue the back petals to the front but you may if you want to.



Now your daisy is formed.


For the center punch out one of the small flowers on the Boho Blossom punch and glue to the middle of the daisy and add a brad or half pearl in the center.




Attach to your card any way you would like, I like to attach them with dimensionals.




You can do the center of the flower many different and pretty ways. This flower looks great using SU Prints Designer Series papers but this paper made a bolder statement and showed the double sides better. Have fun playing around with different papers and centers.

Well I hope you like this tutorial and why not post a link to the cards you make int he comments section? We'd love to see them!

I will apologise in advance if the pictures dont line up with the instructions. I was having such a horrid time with blogger and getting them where i wanted them to be.

Have a great Wednesday


Leonie

1 comment:

carolm said...

judi, your flowers and card are awesome. thanx for sharing.

cheers ~ carol.