Thursday, May 1, 2008

'Round the Carousel We Go.......

Happy May 1!! Today is the first day of May - I cannot believe how fast April flew right by! Today I am sharing different things you can do with the Carousel Notes found in the Occasions Mini Collection 2008. When you order the Carousel Notes, you get a total of 12 die cut scalloped circles - 4 each of Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, and Wild Wasabi. You also get 12 square Chocolate Chip envelopes. The dates of this catalog have been extended throughout the end of June 2008, so don't let time fly by and miss out on these spectacular notes!

So what can you do with these? First example is a card I cased from fellow Diva, Kristine M. This different type of a card used the Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in each of the scallop edges. (You can even use the Crop-a-dile to emboss circles in each scallop too!) I then took the Pick a Petal Classy Brass Template and pierced an inner circle. Next, I used my Coluzzle and cut out the middle card part. I folded a piece of Chocolate Chip Card Stock in half and cut out a circle leaving a small gap at the top where the fold is at. Using the Coluzzle again, I cut out the next size down circle from a piece of Afternoon Tea DS paper for the outside, and a piece of Very Vanilla for the inside. Then, I cut a piece of the Double-Stitched Ribbon (Wild Wasabi) and tied a bow at the top of the card where it is attached together. After that, I added some stamps from Close as a Memory and the butterfly from Essence of Love, and then it was done! Pretty easy, but oh how beautiful it came out! I made this sympathy card for a family member who just lost her brother. I wanted to make her a special heartfelt card. **NOTE** Remember, if you mail these, extra postage is required because of the square shape.



These Carousel Notes also make great little scrapbook pages. You can either leave it as is and add it to a 6x6 album, or accent a larger page with it being a focal point. Here, I cut out my picture with the Coluzzle as well as a piece of Vellum paper as an overlay. By overlaying the picture with the vellum, it gives a softer look to go with the Soft Sky color. I used the "Follow Your Heart" rub on from the Urban West Rub Ons at the bottom of the vellum and tied a Chocolate Chip Taffeta bow at the top. Inside the scallops I dry embossed circles using the Crop-a-dile (As I mentioned above) and then wrote with the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker the date and our names.






Hungry for more? There are numerous projects you can make with the Carousel Notes. Here is a treat holder our Diva, Andrea Walford made. On her blog she made a step by step tutorial on how to make these clever little goodie holders. You can find the instructions here.










And then there are those cute little purses that took us by storm made by the creative Jan Tinklenberg. I am in awe with what she came up with! If you go to her blog, she made a step by step tutorial as well to make these FABULOUS purses. Her tutorial can be found here.





With all these awe-inspiring ideas on ways to be creative with the Carousel Notes, they are a must have! Don't miss the bus and be sure to get yours as soon as possible! Once you start working with them, I encourage you to see what you can come up with!

Until we meet again, Happy Stampin'!!!
~~Maria~~

3 comments:

carolm said...

maria, i love the carousel notes more and more with each new project i see.

i have made about four of jan tinklenberg's purses. they are so cute and very easy to put together.

thanx for sharing these great projects!

carol.

Leonie Schroder said...

oh man these are just soooo nice. I do hope we get these in one of our Mini's this year - so many things you can do with them. I love all the purses I've seen online and that little box from Andrea is just wuvwee too!

EdieB said...

Wow! These are all Gorgeous. I hope we see Carousel Notes in the Fall/Winter catty too. *hint, hint SU!*

EdieB