Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Colour your World

Its a chilly morning here in Sydney, Australia with Autumn upon us and its lovely to see all the trees & plants change colours as God uses His palette of colour to colour our world.

Here in Australia during May Stampin' Up!® have given us a new palette to work with - the Palette O'Prints.
Its a 6×6 pad of double sided prints designer series papers. Each pad includes 48 sheets from 12 patterns and 4 colours being …
  • Certainly Celery
  • Rose Red
  • So Saffron*
  • Almost Amethyst*

You can see the colours and designs here and I’m sure you can think of many ways to use these papers in your cards, crafts, or scrapbooking. Now the So Saffron and Almost Amethyst included in this pad are not in our Idea Book & Catalogue here in Australia so now is the only time you will be able to get the prints design in these colours.

Here I have used the 4 coloured papers with the different designs to create the Sour Cream Containers.

You can find the tutorial for these containers on Splitcoast Stampers.

I love these little containers and people love recieving them too! I fill mine with little embellishments like brads, buttons, ribbons and chipboard shapes and my hostesses just love them but also the guests as I show how easy they are to make!

How nice would it be for mums to wake up with a couple of these on their pillow or side table with notes from the kids/hubby and maybe some chocolates or caramel snows from Darell Lea .... yummmm! Yes I know ... I'm dreaming!!

Here is another idea for gift giving - the tower of boxes! Now I've made these origami boxes using the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers or the video tutorial at KWerner Design

I love these boxes as they so easy to make and you dont have to cut anything or tape anything down!

You just have to make the bottoms smaller than the lids and you do this by starting with a square 1/2" smaller than the one you used for the lid. You can vary the sizes of the boxes by starting with different sized squares.

You can give them separately or as a set like I have done here and tied up with ribbon or string. These would be great for those small presents like jewellry and such.

Here's my last share for today - I just love how this card turned out and I know Max likes it too - its simple and easy, it uses the pallette o'prints papers and the oval & round tab punches ... oh and it had to have some bling so the rhinestone brads took care of that!!

Here is a quote for you to dwell on ...

Knowing is not enough; We must Apply. Willing is not enough; We must Do.
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2 comments:

carolm said...

very cute leonie. i love the dsp and wished they came in every color of our vast rainbow.

:) carol.

EdieB said...

These are so cute. I loooove the bright colors. Great stamping! EdieB