Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

Welcome to Wonderful Wednesday! I do hope you have been enjoying the posts here as much as I have. Here in Australia Stampin Up is very new and will celebrate its 2nd Anniversary in April so a lot of the items they have in the USA market we don't have hear yet - I suppose the company is still trying to feel the market here as to what we like and what we don't - although I know I have sent them a few emails saying ....

I WANT IT ALL!!

Now it is my utmost pleasure to introduce to you a lovely lady from Utah Divas International. Her name is Carol Marbach and she resides in Hickory Corners, MI (and you all laugh at the names of our towns here in Australia!)

From Carol ... I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator since January in 2000 when my hubby gave me the money for the kit for Christmas and then sent me to convention as my Mother's Day present.

I was invited to join UDI in 2005 by Joanne, a diva in San Diego, whom I met on line through my fourth SU up line. I became a member in May 2005, and was able to meet a bunch of the divas at convention that year. I do not think I had laughed so hard in ages. I even got to meet Max, THE Diva and heard her say “barely banana” which is a treat in itself.

I felt like a little fish in a very big pond with the group and did not even think she remembered me. How wrong I was and now she won’t let me go. J I went home after convention with such good memories and really became an active member of the divas.

For this frame I decided on the design I wanted to use and carefully cut around the image to separate it from the bigger sheet. Keeping the frame flat I put the rub ons in place and adhered them with the applicator stick.

Once they were on I used the back side of the backing placed on top of the rub ons and went over it again with the applicator - for me this just finishes it off and makes sure there are no pieces left sticking up accidently.


On the top right corner i cut the biggest flower and placed it on the corner and then applied two other flowers to overlap them for some dimension.


A little while back Carol shared this card on the UDI group and I just fell in love with it and thought it would be best to share it with you too just to show how lovely her work is.

For this card I used basic black cardstock and soft sky Designer Series Papers. The flower images stamped with versamark and then embossed with detail black powder and a little glitter on shimmery white cardstock. The "embrace life" was stamped with black ink on soft sky double stitched ribbon and with 2 way glue pen i added dazzling diamonds to the silver brads and used glue dots to mount onto card.

I used the ticket corner punch on the soft sky. The flowers were cut out individually and the color was adhered lightly with a sponge and were then added to the card with dimensionals.

To be a member of the Utah Divas International is an honor to me. Even if I never learned a thing about the rubber stamping business I have made wonderful friends and treasure that above all else.

Thank you Leonie for asking me to be showcased on the UDI blog.

Now I am sure you will all agree that its been a delight to showcase Carol today and share a bit about her and her lovely work.

Since I joined UDI Carol has always been there offering friendship and support when its been needed and if I havent posted on the group for a bit she will email me to make sure I'm ok. How sweet is that?

I love this technology that allows us to enjoy wonderful friendships from other sides of the globe and I love the UDI group and all its Diva's that have welcomed us Aussies so openly. It is a wonderful place to be a part of so if your a Stampin Up demo and thinking you'd like to be a part of it too then leave a comment saying as much and I'll send your details to the membership coordinator.

Now I wish you all a very blessed Wednesday in whatever you do - for me its my bedtime and i need an early night.



3 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

Love your projects Carol....can't wait to see you at convention. Hey, maybe I will give you a pack of cardstock - BARELY BANANA! TEE HEE!

Leonie, another great post. Big Hugs to you!

Michelle said...

These are great projects! I love what you did on the picture frame, Carol. It was very clever of you to overlap the flowers for dimension. Great idea!

EdieB said...

Awesome projects. Wow! The picture frame is just stunning. Tastefully embellished and your flowers on Embrace Life cared are gorgeous. TFS, EdieB