Sunday, February 3, 2008

~One of a Kind~

This is a message to all of the Divas in our group: "You are one of a kind"


Welcome! My name is Max and I am the founder of Utah Divas International. We are an online group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators and as our banner depicts, from all around the world (Where Stampin' Up! is) I wanted to create a blog for all our Divas to have their work shown and so our customers could see our creations.

I live in Riverton, UT and work for Stampin' Up! It is my most favorite job by far. I have 4 children, Natalie, Kayleigh, JD & Olivia. I am originally from England, so was ecstatic when Stampin' Up! went into Europe. I have been a Demonstrator since 2004 and have met so many wonderful people during this time.

I will be posting on Mondays. Todays project was made by myself. I entered it for Stampers Showcase on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Website. It was shown on January 18th.

In the fall, we had our first annual retreat for our Divas. We had a great time stampin' and getting to know one another. Alicia showed us how to make these cute petals using the Small Tag Punch and the Designer Series Paper. When Stampin' Up! had a promotion in November (buy 3 packs get 1 free) I took advantage of it. Hey, I take advantage of all promotions :) Not only is DSP great for scrapbooking but for making cards and cute flower petals such as these. You will need to punch 8 tags. Have the side you want to see the most face up. Take the bottom right hand corner and fold it over to the left, just below the tag top. Fold back. It is much easier to make the shape of a flower using a sticky label. Place one tag on the label, then add the rest by laying side by side.

For this card I used the following:

Stamp Set: One of A Kind
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink Marker, Purely Pomegranate Ink Refill
Accessories: Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper, Pink Bead Duo, Tombow Adhesive, Blender Pen, Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Crimper, Paper Snips, Small Tag Punch, Snail Adhesive, uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Color Spritzer Tool

8 comments:

eclectic_Paperie said...

WOO-HOO! How exciting to see! Welcome to the blogging world.

Stacy Palmer said...

LOVE the blog! Can't wait to see what is posted each day! Plus, I'm going to encourage my customers to check UDI out! You all are AWESOME!

Leonie Schroder said...

Max this is gunna be so much fun! Yet another way that SU has brought people from all over the world together yet again

carolm said...

way to go max. can't believe the blog day has finally arrived. great job to all of the divas that worked so hard on getting this going.

cheers ~ carol.

Judi Harvey said...

Max, I am so excited to have our blog up and running and your card is awesome. I love this fold for the tag punch and the colors you used are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Max, for the vision of bringing stampers around the world together. I can't wait to see what's posted each day. Max, Leonie, Selene - you are all so AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Thank you, Max, for the vision you have of bringing stampers from around the world together on this blog. I'm looking forward to the daily posts and sharing the blog with my customers.

Huge Hugs,
Karen

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful card, Max! The tag punch flower is a great way to display our beautiful DSP. Thanks for sharing!