Saturday, February 9, 2008

Stampin' Saturday

Hey everyone! I’m so happy you have stopped in. My name is Alicia and I live in St. Charles, Missouri. I am the mama to two beautiful babies--Ian is 2 and Brielle is 1. We also have a third one on the way. He’s due to be welcomed to the world in June. I am a teacher by trade, but am currently babysitting three kiddos, so I am able to stay home with my little ones. My husband also works from home, so it’s pretty crazy around here most days. :) In addition to daycare, I am a high school swim coach and official.

I have been a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator for 2 years and a member of UDI since November, 2006. SU! has given me a great reason to show others my creative side. UDI has been a wealth of information for me and I have made some wonderful friends within the group. I am an assistant manager and the membership coordinator for the group, as well as business swap coordinator. Any referrals for membership or ideas for business swaps….please send them my way.


I have been given the opportunity to post projects each Saturday featuring different members of our group. Today, I am happy to be able to share one of my creations with you. When I got our Spring/Summer catalog, I loved the pinwheels featured on page 67. Stampin’ Up! later posted the template and I was excited to try it…..until I saw that template. :) Once I actually sat down with it, I knew I could handle it. Then the other day I was browsing around the gallery on Splitcoast Stampers and found instructions on how to make a Dahlia Fold. I absolutely loved it and thought it would be great for the center piece of my pinwheel. I love how this turned out and hope you like it as well.

I used the following for my project:

Paper: Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper
Accessories: large clear rhinestone brad from Pretties Kit, 1” Circle Punch, 1/16” Handheld Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, 11 ¾” Lollipop Stick, a small address label

Directions for the Dahlia Fold were created by Judy Headrick and can be found at
http://www.cardsandcrafts.freeservers.com/dahlia.html.com/dahlia.html

8 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Love the Dahlia fold! Thanks for posting the directions!!

EdieB said...

The pinwheels are stunning in Berry Bliss and the Dahlia fold is perfect for the center. Love it! EdieB

Marina Chisholm said...

Great job, Alicia!
You are so creative! I love the project! Looking forward to more creative ideas!

Maxine Conrad said...

Alicia,

You make DSP come to life!
Thanks for sharing this

Leonie Schroder said...

Alicia i love these pinwheels and i LOVE that paper!! Man i think I need to move to USA so i can have all the yummny papers you have!

debinicol said...

Now, aren't you just a creative chica! I am so glad you are hosting this one day so we can share more of your beautiful samples. Great job!

Michelle said...

This pinwheel with the dahlia fold is beautiful and stunning! Thanks for sharing such a great project with us. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Micki said...

Ok, 3rd try is a charm.... love the pinwheel. So have to try it, better yet, when are you coming to my house for some 1 on 1?

love it....
Hugs
Micki