Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Scallop Bouquet

Welcome to another Tuesday here on the brand new Utah Divas International blog! I will generally be posting a project by a UDI group member each Tuesday, but for today, here is one of my Valentine's Day projects.

I call this a scallop bouquet since the "flowers" are created with a scallop punch. I first saw this idea on Tracey Roy's blog http://lakeshorestamper.typepad.com as a Halloween decoration. You can use a plastic or glass vase like Tracey did, or a plastic jar like I did for this sample. I had quite a few of these jars without lids for them so I thought this would be a nice way to use the jars :) You can use a variety of items as your filler inside the jar. Any kind of hard candy (but not soft as they will most likely stick and clump together), buttons, pebbles, marbles, and so much more. With a little bit of imagination, the possibilities are endless!

The supplies I used to create this project are as follows:

Stamp Set: Seeing Spots

Paper: Rose Red Designer Prints, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White CS

Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink Classic Ink

Accessories: Plastic clear jar, Wood dowels (cut in half), White acrylic paint (to paint dowels), Sticky Strip, SNAIL adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 1 1/4” circle punch, 1 3/8” circle punch, Scallop circle punch, Pretty in Pink 1/4” grosgrain ribbon, Purely Pomegranate double stitched grosgrain ribbon, Light Pink gingham ribbon, Cupid’s Mix M&M’s.

Have fun stampin' and creatin'!

5 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

Michelle, you never cease to amaze me. Your project is so cute!

Leonie Schroder said...

Michelle this is absolutely gorgeous ... I so want those in colors and that punch! big aussie hugs, Leonie

Maria Williams :) said...

WOW!!! I love this project! It is SO CUTE!!!! This is something I will definitely be casing!!

Michele Kovack said...

These are absolutely adorable!!!

Alicia said...

Love it!! Need to make some of those. :) Thanks for sharing.