Friday, February 15, 2008

Scrappin' Saturday

I am so excited to introduce a fellow UDI member to you today--Sue M. I am a huge fan of all of her work, especially her wonderful 6x6 recipe pages. Today, I'm sharing one she created for a chocolate recipe swap. This page is amazing and I'm so glad I also participated in the swap just to have my own copy. :) Here is what Sue wanted to share......

Hi! I'm Sue Martin, I live in the "heart" of PA Dutch Country, my very favorite place in the whole wide world! :) I'm married to my wonderful husband for 33 years, we have 4 great sons, and 5 awesome grandchildren! I collect Mary Engelbreit, Susan Branch, & Tasha Tudor books and memorabilia, as well as anything Gingerbread. Thanks to a very special friend who has introduced me to the fabulous world of Raggedy Ann & Andy, I now also collect them!


I've been crafting in some form or another since I've been a teenager. My most recent, and one of my favorites is paper crafting. One of the best decisions I've made was when I decided to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator 7 years ago. Getting out and having workshops, making lots and lots of new friends and gaining many wonderful relationships has totally changed my life from what it was before. I am truly grateful for that. I joined UDI in 2006 and have enjoyed being a part of the group there as well. I was very excited when Alicia asked me if she could feature my work here. Thanks again, Alicia!

Now for the recipe: I made this 6x6 card for a Chocolate recipe swap that I was a part of on UDI. Recipe swaps are my very favorite swaps to join. Though I don't often even make the recipes, I just
love to collect them and put them into albums! For this swap I used the "Time Well Spent" set and gave it a bit of a different twist. I wanted to somehow stay in keeping with "chocolate" in my design, so I printed out the word "chocolate" and then inked up my "time spent with friends is time well spent" stamp with my black marker omitting the word, "friends". then used my "stamp-a-ma-jig" to align it to fit perfectly around the word, "chocolate". Thus the saying, "Time Spent With Chocolate is Time Well Spent". Well, who among us women can't say that to be true? (smile) Especially if it is chocolate chip mint ice cream, namely DOVE "Give in to Mint"! Try it sometime --- you'll see what I mean. ;) Oops! Back to my card; For the top right corner where the definition of chock-lit ;) is, I again printed it out then used the stamp "too much of a good thing is a good thing" as the definition. I punched holes in the large flower where the dots are, used a white brad in the center of the flower and grosgrain ribbon for the stem and leaves. I drew and cut a flower pot out of Close to Cocoa and shaded it with Choc. Chip ink. Other colors I used are Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Rose Red, Old Olive, and White. I hope I have explained this in a way that is easy to understand. If you have any questions you can e-mail me at sugarmart74@aol.com Oh, and BTW, the recipe for this candy really is very very yummy! ;) It makes wonderful peanut butter eggs for Easter! May all your "chock*lits" be "a good thing!" (smile).


Thank you to Sue for sharing with us this week. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects in the future. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Alicia :)

4 comments:

EdieB said...

Sue!

This is so cute. I love what you did with the "chocolate" in the sentiment. You are very talented. TFS, EdieB

Leonie Schroder said...

Oh i love this page and I love that set - I am sooooo glad we got it too! I cant quite read the recipe so might need someone to send it to me ... thanks for sharing

debinicol said...

I was blessed to be the recipient of this beauty. And it is sooo much prettier IRL.
thanks for sharing it!
DebiNicol

Michelle said...

This is a great page! Very cleverly laid out and has a wonderful theme... chocolate! My favorite food! hehe Beautiful job, Sue. Thanks for sharing this page with us.