Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Ahhhh...... the day of love.

Today's DIVA being showcased is Bev.

Her project is this cute little gable treat box:
Stamps...Happy Heart Day, Priceless
Paper...Pixie Pink, Real Red, Whisper White, and Close to Cocoa
Inks....Basic Brown, Pixie Pink
White gel pen
Watercolor crayons and aqua pen
White Grosgrain ribbon
Snickers mini chocolate candy bars...frozen.

What a cute little way to give out valentine treats!!!

Not only is she a talented lady, but she is my mother in law as well! Here's what she has to say~

"Hi my name is Bev Williams, my parents named me Beverly, but I just can't say that name without shuddering...so it's always been Bev. I've been married to Rick ...gads...it'll be 30 years this September! I'll have to come up with something cool for this anniversary...any suggestions ladies? We have 3 wonderful kids, who all have families of their own now!
I'm also a Nana of 8...yes EIGHT little rugrats, and I love them all so very much!
I've been a SU demonstrator ever since my DIL Maria ran me through her stash of stuff, November 2006. Totally blew me away because I've been a Scrapbooker for over 10 years and never thought of blending stamping with scrapping! Yes, Virginia, anything is possible.
I've been a member of UDI since Sept 2007 and I love it here!
I also dabble in photography, quilting, crocheting, cross stitching, hiking, camping, horseback riding, and my current love is skiing! Haven't broken anything so far, and I actually fell for the first time a couple weeks ago. Nothing serious, I was just standing there and flopped over...it was hilarious.....to Rick that is.
My next serious love is Disney...anything Disney. In fact, Maria and I used to work together at the Disney Store in Houston! "
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Something I want to spotlight on Bev's project is her detail with the white gel pen. By just adding the white shadows to parts of your image, it makes your background more alive without taking away from your main image. I love little details like this because it doesn't take much time to do and it adds a greater impact to your project.


I hope you enjoyed today's project and I want to wish all of you a Happy Valentine's Day! See you again next Thursday!!!
~Maria~ :)

3 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

I love your project Bev.
Maria, thanks for spotlighting your MIL and for sharing her with UDI.
Happy Valentine's Day!

Leonie Schroder said...

Bev, what a gorgeous box ... and love the way you use your gel pen - i love that pen - so many cool uses for it.

Maria thanks for sharing your MIL with us!

Hope you all have a great Valentines Day ... I am still in a state of confusion as I'm sure my DH was abducted by and replaced with an alien as its the first time in 20 years he's come home with flowers!

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful box! I really like the cut-out window you added, as well as the shadowing and dimension you added by using your white gel pen.