Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Into the Scrap pile!

I am sure that if you are anything like me you save every piece of paper and cardstock which are leftovers from a project you have done. Also, if it is anything like mine they are overflowing! I have tried many ways to store and keep these cut offs/scraps but was never happy ... well till now :)

I've been using this system for a while and I find as the scraps are handy to my work area I just need pull a drawer open and there they are! now in saying that I need to work some more with my soft subtle scraps!
It also makes tidying up quick and easy - well it would if i did tidy my table! I have a drawer for each family plus another set of drawers on the shelf above for the patterned papers scraps.

I was at a loss today on what to blog here and I saw some of the girls on UDI talk about storing their paper scraps so I thought I'd share how I store mine and also make a couple of things to show you that you can use those bits left over instead of putting them in the recycling bin or giving them to the kids!

Here are a couple of 4x4 cards I made a while ago using scraps from the Enchante Papers and the Carte Postale Stamp Set. I love these little cards as they are just so quick & easy.

I wanted to make something new for you and thought well I only have one more month left with the Summer Mini here in Australia so I'd use up some of those papers.

Here is a 6x6 layout I whipped up tonite using scraps from the Loves
Me papers - yes these too are in the Summer Mini Catalogue so will be gone after 31st March.

I have just used strips of the papers and used the small corner rounder to give them a decorative edge. I've also punched out the circles from the same paper pack and raised them with Stampin Dimensionals.

I quite love this layout but then this little angel is easy to scrap!

Recipe for Love U layout
Stamps: Dream come true, Big Deal Alpha
Papers: Loves Me Designer Series Papers
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, small corner rounder punch

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Thanks for sharing your scrap storing system. You made great projects with your left over scraps ~ you daughter is simply adorable!!!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the great tips on storing scraps!

Your scrapbook page showcases your adorable daughter beautifully!