Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Book of Me!

Now I'm sure you have heard what these scrapbooks are all about and if you're anything like me you keep saying "yeah I really should start one of these"! Well today I did! some 2 years after I first said I would - hey you cant rush these things now can you?

If you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about then take a stroll over to Angie Pedersen's site at http://www.scrapyourstories.com/ where she tells you all about it.

These are the earliest photo's I can find of me - I have no doubt that back in the early sixties the taking of photographs to document every breath and every step was not the done thing like it is now.

Now I thought since I was 'recollecting' my early days I would use the lovely Recollections Designer Series Papers.

I have also used the Dream Come True stamp set. If you look closely you will see the words "Love stretches your heart" along the bottom and up the right side "and makes you big inside".

I havent used this set much since receiving it at convention last year but thought those words went well with the layout.


Here you can see a close up of the pocket on the page. I've decorated it with gathered grosgrain ribbon from the Flirty Ribbon Originals in the Summer Mini Catalogue.

The brown flower was actually a pale blue so I just dyed it with the Close to Cocoa Classic Ink pad and popped a button in the centre.

You will also see Ive used the 'dream come true' stamp on the pocket as well.

This last photo is just showing the tag that is inside the pocket and details the birth, time, date and such and anything else my mum could remember.

Some of the details I wont share here on the blog as I dont want you to bring up your brekky or spurt your coffee all over your lovely monitor!

On the back of the tag I've just done some journaling about the photo's, where and when they were taken as I know I wont be around forever and I do hope that one of my girls will adopt my love and passion for stamping and paper crafting.

I do hope you like this layout and what I've done. I prefer the simpler layouts as you can tell as I dont like the busy ones that seem to detract from the photo/s.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Wednesday

~..~ Leonie ~..~

6 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

Absolutely love this Leonie. I love all the DSP and this is one of my very favorites.
Thanks for sharing this with us!

Maria Williams :) said...

I LOVE the "Book of Me"!!!
How wonderful to scrap your info instead of just everyone else's. I really like the tag too!! One day I hope to be able to start one on me too!! :)

EdieB said...

Very pretty. I like the pocket and the look of the gathered ribbon around it. Stunning. EdieB

Michelle said...

This is such a great idea, Leonie! I hope you will share more pages with us in the future :)

I really like the journal pocket. What a clever idea!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Love seeing "retro" pictures used in SBing. I have so many vintage albums to do for my own family. You rarely see samples like this. TFS.

Denise in PA

Rachel said...

Lovely Scrapping and great old photies - love them