Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's Thursday Baby!


Hi everyone! My name is Maria Williams and I am honored to be the Thursday blog coordinator!! I live in Texas and I am married to a wonderful guy. I am the mother of 4 cool kids ranging in ages from 6 months to 11 years old; I also work full time from home, so needless to say I constantly stay busy!


I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 2 years now and I am still loving it!! I have been a member of UDI since October 2006 when Karen excitedly told me about this awesome group and invited me to join. Just recently I have become the SCIAB (Stamp Camp In A Box) coordinator. These are a real fun swaps to do and I have participated in many of them myself. I am so glad to be a part of such a fun, caring, zany, crafty group of talented gals. I cannot wait for the next UDI get-together in April when I will finally get to meet my friends face to face!

Now, speaking of friends, this leads me to today's project. I made this Surprise Pop Up Card using the stamp set Time Well Spent. (Stampin' Up is such a great company to work for and they do little things like sending all the demonstrators this set before the catalog even came out! Free stamps are always welcomed by me.......hehehee.) The butterfly panel was sponged around the edges with Pretty in Pink ink. I then outlined the butterfly with Crystal Effects and added Glitter. Adding CE and Glitter has to be one of my favorite add ons to do! When you pull up on the ribbon, the butterfly image pops up and reveals the message below(which reads "Time spent with FRIENDS is time well spent"). These cards are pretty easy to make and the recipients seem to enjoy them a lot!


Here is the list of ingredients:
Stamp Sets: Time Well Spent
Stamp Pads: Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, White Craft Pad
Paper: Almost Amethyst, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Glitter, Soft Subtles Buttons, Soft Subtles Brads, Sponge, White Taffeta Ribbon, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder, Stampin' Write Markers - Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink

6 comments:

EdieB said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bling!

EdieB

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I need to make one of these myself. Is there a tutorial someplace so I can see exactly how to make this? Thanks!

Jean Thomas said...

I love this card, too!!
Jean (jeanius)

Maria Williams :) said...

You can find the tutorial on how to make these on SCS. Go to the Resource page, then projects. Scroll down until you see "Surprise Pop Up Card". :)

ThreadCatcher said...

What a great card! I can't wait to make one up. Thanks for the tip for the tutorial on SCS. Jenny.

Michelle said...

Thanks for directing me to the tutorial, Maria!