Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rub it on!

Happy Thursday everyone!!

Today's project was made by Tammy Fite. Here's a little of what she has to say....

"My name is Tammy Fite, and I've been a SU! demonstrator since Sept 1999. What I love most about SU! is all the friends I've made--locally and internationally!! I am married to Rich (18 1/2 years!!), and we have two gorgeous sons, Cameron (12) and Brandon (10). They are very much into sports, so we stay VERY busy!! But, we love it, and wouldn't have it any other way!! We live in Albuquerque, NM--love the weather here!! Not too hot and no humidity!! Paradise! I've been a member of UDI almost from the start! Max and I "met" on another group, and I moved with her when she started Utah Divas!! I did take a little break of about six months when life got too crazy, but I couldn't stay away!! This is a great group--very generous with their abundant knowledge!!! Love 'em all!!! "

Tammy had a special stamp camp for her downline and this is what she gave them. She said these are real easy to make - who doesn't like a quick and easy project?!?
She used Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper, Sticky Strip, and SAB Love & Happiness Rub-Ons.

I am new to rub-ons and so far I LOVE them!! You can put them on all sorts of surfaces. On Tammy's project here, you can see where she used the rub-ons on the Berry Bliss DS paper as well as on the clear top of the tin too.
I've also read where you can also use rub-ons on metal, glass, plastic, and even fingernails! (you'll want to apply a thin coat of clear coat if you use on your nails).
So to summarize it - Rub-Ons ROCK!!!
~~Maria~~

6 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

LOVE this project Tammy! How cute. Thanks for sharing this with us. I am 'very new' to the rub ons and the more I see of them, the more I love 'em.

EdieB said...

Very cute. This looks like a fun project. Where did you get the tins? EdieB

Michelle said...

Ooh, what a great project! I love alterables, so this project really appeals to me :) I love how you fancied it up with the DSP and rub-ons. And the colorful candies peeking through the window adds a great finishing touch. Thanks, Tammy!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

I just got my rub ons and haven't used them yet for any projects....now I will have to demo this. Thanks.

Denise in PA

Tammy said...

Thanks for all the nice comments!! I got the tins at www.specialtybottle.com. They were only about $.70 each--can't remember exactly!

I think Paper Trey Ink also carries them!

Rachel said...

I am so jealous - we don't get rub ons yet - what a cute project - thanks for sharing