Thursday, February 28, 2008

TGIF!

This weeks featured stamper is Ruthie Burkey. I have never had the pleasure of meeting Ruthie, but am looking forward to meeting her at Max's Birthday bash! Here is what she has to say about herself:


I am a NAHM (Never at home Mom) LOL! I have a DH of 23 years, Ralph, a son who will be 21 in May, Joshua and my mother and sister also live with us. I am the primary caregiver for my Mom and I have three jobs. I work part time for a friend of mine doing bookkeeping work, I work part time and teach at our local Stamp Store and, of course, I do Stampin' Up! I love doing techniques and do a technique class as well as two stamp camps in my home each month. My other hobbies are singing, which I do in our choir at church, and I also love Cross-stitch though I don't have a lot of time to do it.I met Dear Max on another group. She and some of the other Utah girls got in trouble for talking (gasp!) on the other group so Max formed Utah Divas and the rest is history, she invited some of us and we invited some people and before long Utah Divas was International!!!!!!! Thank you so much for having me as a Featured Stamper. It is quite an honor!


Here are the directions for making Ruthie's card:


Cardstock: Almost Amethyst, Confetti White
Inks: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery Craft Ink, Versamark, Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery Markers
Stamp Set: Best Kind of Friend
Accessories: Certainly Celery Narrow Grosgrain, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Silver Embossing Powder
Technique:BRAYERED SPOTS
Supplies:Two to three colors of Craft Spots, Brayer, White Cardstock


Secure spots about 1” to 2” apart on worksurface. Ink the brayer by rolling in small strokes across the spots and also moving side to side being careful not to mix the colors. The ink will be in uneven patches on the brayer. Roll the brayer across the cardstock in one direction until most of the ink is off of the brayer reinking as needed. If you have to start another row, stagger it with the first row. After the cardstock is rolled in one direction, turn it 90 degrees and roll it again. After rolling in this direction you may roll a third color to blend or just leave as is and embellish and mat as desired.


Try this techinique, and have fun! Thanks for visiting!
Jennifer Thomas

If you would like to know more about Ruthie, please feel free to check out her Demonstrator Website! http://www.stampinwithruthieb.stampinup.net/

1 comment:

carolm said...

ruthie, your card is gorgeous. i love that set. i have never seen the brayered spots before. pretty cool.

i'm glad you having a stampin outlet. you sound extremely busy.

thanx for sharing! i love reading your posts on the divas.

cheers ~ carol.