Monday, October 26, 2009

Row! Row! Row! Row! A Pirate's Life for Me!!!



Ahoy Mateys!

Look at this adorable project Stephanie Gittins, one of our very talented and creative Design Team Members made.  Perfect timing for a fabulous deal of the week from Stampin' Up!  Contact your local Demonstrator or e-mail utahdivasinternational@gmail.com for more information.

Here is what Stephanie wrote:

Pirate Box


For this cute treat box, I used the Pizza Box tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. The box measures 4x4, so you can fit quite a bit of candy (or other treats) inside. I wanted a Halloween box that wasn't too cutesy and that could be used for boys, teenagers, etc. I have three boys and they absolutely adore this pirate stamp set. They are my "design team" and all of them said "AWESOME!" when I showed them the box, so I guess that means I succeeded! The box is decorated very simply. The only trick I used was cutting out the skull and mounting it with Stampin' Dimensionals for a 3-D look. You could use this same basic pattern for any occasion!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Pirate Time
Inks: Basic Black Classic Ink, VersaMark
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstocks
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals

Have a wonderful day me lovelies :)
Max

2 comments:

Amber said...

Steph - I love this! I'm going to try this and take some treats to my neighbors :) I love that you have your own little design team. Kids are so honest - they're the best ones to ask I think!

carolm said...

great job stephanie. i agree with the boys.

xoxo