Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Fun

Hello Everyone,

Stephanie Gittins has sent some wonderful projects to showcase this week. Thanks for sharing with us Stephanie.


Card 1: This is for the 20th Birthday promotion. I liked the patterned paper because I think it sort of suggests "bubbles". I also added a "sand" strip across the bottom. I wanted to get across the beach idea without it being too over the top. Finally, I picked the colors because I have 3 boys and I wanted something that could be "gender neutral".

Stamps: Crab & Company, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust & Tempting Turquoise Classic Pads
Paper: Rainbow Sherbert DSP. Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust, Taken With Teal, and Whisper White cardstock
Accessories: Color Wheel, Aqua Painter, Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Caramel Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen, generic google eyes


Card 2: This card was inspired by the Flower Power Simply Sent Card Elements. I made one card using the kit (see Card 3) and then I made this one using the same color scheme & accessories, but none of the die-cuts. I paired the kit with a different stamp set (True Friend) than the one suggested because I wanted to show how versatile the kits can be.

Stamps: True Friend, Best Yet

Inks: Rose Red & Basic Black Classic Pads.

Rose Red, More Mustard, Perfect Plum, and Old Olive Stampin' Write MarkersPaper: Rose Red, Old Olive, Perfect Plum, and Whisper White cardstock

Accessories: More Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon, Old Olive button, Dimensionals, 1/8" Circle Punch



Card 3: This card was made using the Flower Power Simply Sent Card Elements kit, but again, I swapped out Wow Flowers for True Friend. I also substituted a different Ribbon. So hopefully between the two cards I showed how the kit can be used with things you may already have, or didn't think of combining.

Stamps: True Friend

Inks: Rose Red & Basic Black Classic PadsPaper: Rose Red Cardstock from Flower Power kitAccessories:

Die cuts from Flower Power kit, Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon

Have a fabulous week everyone!

Max



2 comments:

carolm said...

very cute. the textured cs just adds a little something extra.

cheers ~ carol.

Anonymous said...

prayerandstamps: I love the Wow set. Nice!