Thursday, October 16, 2008

Diva Inspiration Challenge #13

Happy Thursday! Are you ready for today's Inspiration Challenge? Our image is was found online here.

I think these lilies look absolutely gorgeous - especially against the black background! My first thought is the Chalkboard Technique. I never tried it before, but isn't that what these challenges are for?!? As far as colors go, I can pull out Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal, and Regal Rose just to name a few.

For my sample I drew out the pink colors against the black background. The Chalkboard Technique seemed easy enough, but there seemed to be shadows from the pastels left on the black paper. Does that happen to you? All in all, I think the outcome came out pretty good. I think I will have to try this technique more often.

Stamps: Inspired By Nature, Best Yet
Paper: Basic Black, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Basic Black, White Craft
Accessories: Scallop Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge, Daubers

To see what my creative team came up with, just click on their name :
Bev
Elizabeth
Charmaine

To view the submissions on SCS click here.

Now it's your turn! Post a link in the comments section with your blog entry or SCS gallery showing us what creation you were inspired to come up with!! If you upload to SCS be sure to put DivaIC13 (no spaces) as the keyword. Have fun!!

Inspire Stampin' happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

4 comments:

carolm said...

beautiful maria! will have to play with this one.

cheers ~ carol.

Cafe Ink said...

Very Pretty Maria. I love the way the pink just pops against the black background. Pretty Card!

Charmaine G

UR1NABillion said...

Hello, I put my DIVAIC13 project on the SCS gallery and on my blog. It also works for the Sketch Challenge for this week. Thanks for hosting!!

www.lisargood.com

carolm said...

a bit late, but i got mine posted at www.stuffbycarol.blogspot.com

:)