Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

I want to introduce you to a talented stamper and fellow UDI member, Brenda Weaver. I haven't had a chance to get to know Brenda yet (we must remedy that!) so I will let her introduce herself to you.


"My name is Brenda Weaver. I’m from Robesonia, Pennsylvania which is about an hour North of Philadelphia. My husband Eric and I have been married almost 12 years and have three precious kiddos- Nathaniel 8, Isaiah 6, and Chloe 2. In addition to stamping and scrapbooking I enjoy antiques, shopping, spending time with my family, reading, and decorating.


I was first introduced to Stampin’ Up! about 6 years ago when my sister invited me to a workshop. I was fascinated by all the fabulous products and beautiful projects I saw in the catalog. A few years later my sister had another workshop and, of course, invited me again. I took a catalog home with me and drooled over it for days until my husband casually mentioned that if I liked it so much maybe I should become a demonstrator. He didn’t have to say it twice! I signed up as a demonstrator a few days later. That was 4 years ago and Stampin’ Up! has been such a wonderful thing for me. I have made so many wonderful friends and have learned so much about paper crafting and about myself and what I could do. Soon after becoming a demonstrator I met another demonstrator who introduced me to Utah Divas. The Divas have been, and continue to be, a source of inspiration and friendship for me.

I love making cards, gifts and home décor items, but my passion is scrapbooking. It is amazing how happy scrapbooking makes me! Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than completing a scrapbook page and placing it in an album knowing that it will be enjoyed for years to come. I love to use Stampin’ Up! Products for my pages because I know the quality of the products is outstanding and I can coordinate my paper, inks, stamps and embellishments."


Here are a few of Brenda's terrific projects:




I got the title inspiration for this page while I was shopping at Gap Kids. I happened to see the phrase "Fun To Be Me" on the front of a little girls shirt. I immediately thought of doing a scrapbook page with that title. I was originally going to do a page about myself, but I couldn't find any pictures I thought were "fun" enough to fit the title so I ended up doing the page for my daughter. My scrapbook inspiration most often comes to me at night just before I fall asleep or when I lay down for a quick mid-afternoon nap. That is what happened with this layout. I was resting one afternoon and this color scheme kept going around in my head. By the time I got up I had this page pretty much planned out.

Supplies used:

Paper: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White, Basic Grey, So Saffron

Cardstock: Pretty in Pink prints designer series paper (hostess pack)

Stamps: Dots are Hot, So Much

Ink: Pretty in Pink Classic ink, black Stazon

Accessories: 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, My way Punch, 1/2" circle punch, 1/4" circle punch. Pretties Kit, On board lots of letters, Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

Acrylic wall hanging

This is not my original idea, but one I thought was super cute! This uses clear acrylic blocks used to mount clear acrylic stamps. I found these at the dollar spot at Michael's. Mine are about two inches square, but I have done this same thing with some that were about 1"x 2 1/2". These are so easy to make. Just cut your patterned paper in a 2" square for each block you are going to use. Attach it to the back of your block using crystal effects or Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive brushed onto the side of the cardstock you want showing through the front. Adhere sticky strip to the edges of your blocks to attach the beads. I used pink Bead Duos for mine using the large pink beads first and filling in with the clear micro beads. Now you can stamp anything you want on the front of your block. Be sure to use Stazon ink since you are stamping on a non porous surface. I chose flowers with a half pearl from the pretties kit for mine, but letters or other images would work well too. Now you can attach your ribbon to the back of the blocks. I used sticky strip to attach the ribbon and I folded the ribbon over on the top and then tied my bow around the loop.

Supplies used:

Berry Bliss Designer paper, Pink Bead Duo, Fabulous Flowers stamp set, white Stazon, Sticky strip, Chocolate satin ribbon (Theater ribbon originals), white half pearls (Pretties Kit), Tombow multi purpose adhesive or Crystal Effects.

Thanks for telling us about yourself, Brenda, and for sharing your artistic projects with us!

Have fun stampin' and creatin'!

4 comments:

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Very cute page Brenda! I also love the wall hanging...thanks for sharing with us!

carolm said...

love your work brenda! i bet those blocks would look great with the rub ons also.

thanx for sharing your talents with us.

xox ~ carol.

EdieB said...

Gorgeous projects! TFS, EdieB

Leonie Schroder said...

Brenda .. nice to meet you - gorgeous layout and love that wall hanging!

Leonie
Sydney Australia