The following is a brief summary from Sue:
I have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator since February of 2001 and joined UDI May 21, 2005. I live on a large island in southeast Alaska with my husband of 43 years and two dog children, Roscoe and Little One. We have three grown children, ten grandchildren and four great-grandkids with another one expected in June. I love to share stamping techniques and the pleasure of creating beautiful things with others. My day job is tutoring dyslexic children with the Barton Reading Program. I am quite active in my church teaching Sunday School, playing the piano for worship, playing in the bell choir, and singing in the vocal choir. I also enjoy gardening both outside and inside with house plants.
The following card was created using the Chalk on Chalk technique from PatStamps Technique Junkies Newsletter June 2006 issue http://www.techniquejunkies.com/
Stamp Set: Embrace Life
Ink: Versamark, Glorious Green, Basic Black
Cardstock: Glorious Green 8 1/2" x 5 1/5", Soft Sky 5 1/4" x 4", Night of Navy 5" x 3 3/4"
Chalks - Rose Red, Pixie Pink, Summer Sun, Glorious Green, Taken With Teal, Old Olive
Cotton balls, black embossing powder, Blender pens, Large Oval punch, Distressing tool, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, Glue dot
1. Use cotton balls to burnish Old Olive and Taken With Teal chalk all over the piece of Night of Navy cardstock.
2. Stamp images on this piece of cardstock with Versamark and emboss with black embossing powder.
3. Pick up chalk with the blender pens and color in the images using the remaining colors of chalk.
4. Distress the edges of the Night of Navy and Soft Sky cardstock. Mount the Soft Sky to the Glorious Green base and the Night of Navy to the Soft Sky layer.
5. Stamp the saying on a scrap of Soft Sky cardstock with Basic Black ink. Punch it out using the large oval punch.
6. Mount the oval in the upper right corner of the card.
7. Tie an overhand knot in the Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, trim the ends on a diagonal and mount in the lower left corner with a glue dot.
Stamp Set: Live Your Dream
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea designer paper
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Markers: Regal Rose, Always Artichoke
Other: Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Old Olive, Twill Ribbon, ribbon slide from silver Hodgepodge Hardware, 2 way glue
To get the glitter on the ribbon slide, I put 2 way glue into the groove on the front of the ribbon slide and dumped Dazzling Diamonds on it. Then I dumped off the excess and allowed the glue to dry.
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink 8 1/2" x 5 1/2 ", Whisper White 5 1/4" x 4"
Ink: Garden Green
Markers: Pixie Pink, Garden Green
Other: Soft Sky Designer paper 5" x 3 3/4", Corner rounder punch, Pink Taffeta ribbon
1. Cut both the whisper white and designer paper diagonally in half. Save the upper half of each one for another project.
2. Layer the Whisper White cardstock on the folded Pretty in Pink card base.
3. Take the paper guide off the corner rounder punch and punch the scalloped edge along the diagonal of the Soft Sky designer paper. Then adhere it to the Whisper White layer.
4. Color directly on the rubber with the markers, huff on the stamp and stamp your image on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Cut the image out and adhere it to the card.
5. Stamp the saying in the upper right corner with Garden Green ink.
6. Tie an overhand knot in the pink taffeta ribbon, trim the ends, and adhere to the stems of the bouquet using a glue dot.
Thanks, Sue, for sharing your beautiful cards with us and for directing us on how to recreate these creations ourselves. I look forward to trying the Chalk on Chalk technique.
Have fun stampin' and creatin'!