Monday, March 10, 2008

Manic Monday


Happy Monday Everyone!

I am happy to introduce "Becky Teusink" to you today. Check out this cute scrapbook page and the even cuter 'Anna'. Becky is a very creative stamper and DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....has been chosen to be one of our Display Stampers at Convention. When I saw the list of stampers chosen, I was so thrilled to see Becky's name on there. A DIVA chosen as a Display Stamper WOOHOO! Well Done Becky!
Becky has brought so much creativity to UDI and I am so glad she is a DIVA.


The page shown uses the following products:Stamps - Live Your Dream, Taffy Alphabet. Paper - Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper, Confetti White, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava Textured and Carousel noteInk - Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate ChipAccessories - Pick a Petal Classy Brass Template, Empressor Stylus, Paper Piercing Tool, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals

Here is what Becky wrote about herself:

I started stamping in college - just decorating the envelopes of letters to my boyfriend (who is now my husband) - I laugh when I think of how simple I started! I first was introduced to Stampin' Up! in 2000 at a party at my neighbors house. I loved the products and was hooked! I made all my own Christmas cards that year and have done that ever since. I signed up to be a demonstrator in 2004 so that I could earn some extra income and for the discount. My favorite part of my business is getting to see the products early, holding classes in my home, and the discount! I was a high school science teacher before my children were born and I still love to teach, now it is stamping instead of biology! I have 2 children and I work part-time on my family's farm where we run school field trips and family events.

I was introduced to UDI by Kathy B and have enjoyed being a member. I have made new friends and find a lot of support from a great group of stampers!

I love the new carousel notes in the Occasions Mini catalog this spring. One thing that I did not know about them (even though is says it right by its picture) is that they are the same size as Stampin' Up!s Pick a Petal dry embossing template. I used the empressor stylus to add raised dots to each scallop around the circle. Then I used the paper piercing tool to poke holes around the circle as well. It was so easy and it adds so much interest and dimension to the page. The carousel notes can be used as a card since they come with envelopes but I have been using them on my scrapbook pages too.


Here is an idea of how to use the envelopes that are left over after you put the scallop circle on your page, make an envelope pouch! This technique was demonstrated at one of the Stampin' Up! regional meetings. You first seal your envelope. Then, using your tag punch upside down, slide it all the way in and along the edge to punch. Punch out 2 of these on each side of the envelope, leaving a strip of envelope behind. Then, trim off the extra paper and decorate! Here I used Eastern Elegance Rub-ons, Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon and classic ink, So Many Scallops (from the Sale-A-Bration catalog) and the scallop punch. Enjoy!





































Thanks Becky. No wonder you were chosen as a Display Stamper for Convention. :)

Have a great day
Max

3 comments:

EdieB said...

OMG, this is soooo cuuuute! EdieB

Brenda said...

This is a great idea!!! I have a few leftover brown envelopes from my carousel notes so I will have to try this for sure! Thanks for sharing.

carolm said...

adorable becky!!! congrats on being a display stamper. glad a diva made it. (i didn't get picked. :( )

cheers ~ carol.