From aluminum foil to platinum rings, metal is functional, fashionable, and fascinating.
Creating the look of metal using the faux metal technique is no different; it adds intrigue and shine to your projects. There are several ways you can achieve this look.
One way you can achieve the faux metal look -
1. Press stamp into VersaMark and stamp onto card stock. (Suggestion: use the same color paper as the embossing powder - i.e., Gold embossing powder with Brushed Gold card stock.)
2. Sprinkle embossing powder over image.
3. Melt powder using heat tool.
4. Punch or cut out the embossed stamp and place it on your project.
Another way to make beautiful faux metal stamped items for your projects is to ...
1. Apply VersaMark over entire piece of card stock using the direct-to-paper technique. Sprinkle embossing powder over image.
2. Melt powder using heat tool. Press the card stock into the VersaMark again then sprinkle on additional powder while the image is still hot, and reheat. Repeat up to three times.
3. Press image into warm layers of embossing powder to create image. Punch or cut out image, and adhere to card.
I want to challenge you this week to try this technique out and post your results. We would love to see what you did.
I want to thank Elise Pelletier, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, who created the beautiful Amour card at the Montreal Regionals in April, 2008. My thanks also goes out to Jackieb410 on Splitcoaststampers.com for this wonderful Wanted card. I just love the detail of the emblem.
Hope this will get you started in putting some shine in your projects. Have a great week. Until next week ...