Thanks to Designing Diva Tina for her blog submission for today. Check out what she created.
Fireworks / Day at the Beach card!!
Stamp sets: Independence Day, Life's a breeze
Sandy shells wheel
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory (main card finished size 4-1/4x5- 1/2), Very vanilla, Basic Black, Not quite Navy, Bashful Blue, More Mustard
Fall Flowers designer series paper
Ink: Not quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Ruby Red
Accessories: Fine Cosmo glitter, dazzling diamonds, versa mark, White emboss powder, Clear emboss powder, Stampin' pastels, Craft/rubber Scissors, 2 way glue pen, 1 1/4" punch, Snail adhesive, Stampin' dimensionals, Stampin' Around handle, Bone Folder
Fun in the sun is on my mind!!! Then reality sets in for me here in Pennsylvania, it's more like wet & sticky weather, then anything fun!! YUCK, I truly want to thank the person that invented central air, muah,muah,muah, you're officially on my love ya list!!!
So here's a small twist on a warm summer night at the beach kind of card!! I decided to make something representing the 4th of July/Independence day (Belated now I know), the beach and good 'ol fireworks !!!
Here are directions for the card :
I started out with an 8 1/2 x 11 Naturals Ivory cardstock sheet. Cut it in half at and measuring it to the <----5-1/2----> point. Folded it at the center with my bone folder to give me that nice crisp edge (this is a wonderful tool)!! I then measured up my black cardstock (I save all of my "scrap" pieces, because you just never know when they will come in handy). I trimmed it up to fit the cards width and then snailed it down starting at the top of the page. Then I trimmed up the Not quite navy, bashful blue & more mustard cardstock (about 2-1/2 "x 4-1/4"). I then ripped each piece to give blues the (ocean/wave look) and the more mustard the nice rough edge coast appeal. I ran snail along the top of the bashful blue and then layered it on to the not quite navy cardstock, I ran snail across the bottom of the bashful blue & 3/4 of the way up on the not quite navy. I took the bubbles from the Life's a breeze set and stamped them along the bottom edge of the bashful blue with the not quite navy stampin' spot (I love these lil' buggers too, they are affordable & give you a great sample of the color families)! Next I ran my Sandy shells over the versa mark pad, then wheeled it over my more mustard sheet. Sprinkled the clear emboss powder over that, shook off the excess & used the heat tool to give it that nice gloss affect, and then snailed it down to my main card. I then got a scrap (thank goodness for my scrap drawer) sheet of very vanilla, stamped my boat, sun glasses & flip flops and then used the 2 way glue pen to the spots that I wanted to add the fine cosmo glitter, after doing so I used the craft/rubber scissors (another wonderful investment) to cut them out!! I then took another scrap piece of the designer series paper and cut it (1"x2"), then put it on a scrap piece of very vanilla, which I trimmed down so that it was the same width as the designer series paper, but a little longer because this was going to be my "beach towel" with fringe (fringe was done with the scissors again)!! I then snailed the towel down along with the sunglasses, I used a stampin' dimensional for the flip-flops. Next was my boat, I snuzzled it right behind my not quite navy cardstock, to give it that "floating" in the ocean look. Next was my fireworks. I used my scrap piece of black cardstock and with the swirls & stars stamp, I inked it up with versa mark and stamped like a crazy stamper should all over a 3"x3" black cardstock, then embossed with white emboss powder & heated. After heating, I took the stampin' pastels and used all sorts of colors with the given applicators all over it, to give it the fireworks appeal, then I hairsprayed it for good measure & less mess, after drying I ripped in a circular motion, till I was happy with it. Then I did the same thing with the Independence day stamp, using the versa mark ink, then white emboss powder & heat gun, but this time I used the 1-1/4" circle punch, punched it out and used a stampin' dimensional to adhere to the "fireworks", which I also glued down with a stampin' dimensional. I colored the area of the star with stampin' pastels also, no hairspray this time. Then after all was glued where it needed to be, I used the stampin' dimensionals to give a little bit of a light effect underneath & at the edge of my "fireworks", then softened it with very light rubbing of the eraser...and there you have it, watchin' fireworks, on the Independence Day, at the beach !!!!
Have a wonderful weekend. :)