Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fresh Cut!!

We all love the excitement when Stampin Up releases new catalogs!!! Even better is when SU! gives us a little sneak peek. One of the new sets that will be in the 2008 Fall/Winter Idea Book and Catalog is Fresh Cut. Not only that, but there are these too cute Fresh Cut Note Cards too!

Today's samples are shared with us from Elizabeth H. This beautiful creation was even featured on SU's Stamper's Showcase on June 28, 2008! Congrats to you, Elizabeth!!!

Here's what she has to say about her creations:
Pumpkin Pie card-
I stamped the collage stamp over the entire notecard and then punched out the petals. I used my 5-petal punch for the white flower behind the notecard, and I made dots all around the petals with my Pumpkin Pie marker. I also used a Pumpkin Pie felt flower from Flower Fusion and stuck them all together with a rhinestone brad from the Pretties kit. I adhered a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock to the inside of the front cover and tied some Pumpkin Pie ribbon around the top. I used another one of the stamps in the set to embellish the front and back of the envelope.
Supplies (all SU!): Stamps- Fresh Cuts. Paper- Fresh Cut notecards. Ink- Pumpkin Pie. Accessories- Flower Fusion, Pretties Kit, 5-petal punch, Pumpkin Pie ribbon.

Black card-
I don't usually do elegant, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I think this would be a nice wedding card. I stamped the collage stamp (LOVE it!) on a piece of Whisper White. I stamped the leaves in Basic Black Classic Ink (stamped off twice) on a piece of Whisper White. I stamped the sentiment right on top of that. I used my Designer Label punch and a frame from the Styled Silver HPH. It's attached to the Basic Black panel with Basic Gray taffeta ribbon and then adhered to a Basic Gray card base.

Supplies (all SU!): Stamps- Fresh Cuts. Paper- Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White. Ink- Basic Black. Accessories- Designer Label punch, HPH, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon.

These cards are really beautiful! I love how Elizabeth even stamped her envelope on the Pumpkin Pie Card! Thank you Elizabeth for sharing with us today! I hope you all enjoyed her creations as much as I have.

Stamp happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

2 comments:

carolm said...

gorgeous cards maria. i wasn't quite sure about this set when i got it, but the more i see of it the more it is growing on me.

carol. :)

EdieB said...

Beautiful cards! And, congratulations on being featured on Stampers' Showcase. Well deserved.

TFS,

EdieB