Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's the 1st Wednesday of 2009!

Happy 2009 from Florida!

I am so excited! Stampin' Up!'s Leadership Conference starts today in Orlando! I hope my UDI sisters who are attending have a ball! I know they will enjoy the weather. Aside from some rain today, it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70s every day! I will be joining them on Saturday for Regionals! Yay! (I hope one of them will let me drool over the new catalog! LOL)

Today's projects are from another UDI sister in Florida, Adriana Benitez.

Take it away, Adriana!




















The layout is from splitcoast's weekly layout challenge (SC206). The first card is very basic making it a good choice for a stamp-a-stack or beginner stamper. The second one is good for a SAS also, but has a couple more steps with the additional use of the ticket corner punch and some grosgrain ribbon.

For both cards, the card base is creamy caramel cs. I've rubbed barely banana ink (direct to paper) on the edges - it doesn't really show in the photo but adds some interest to the card IRL. Other paper used is our Autumn Vine DSP (gonna miss this paper!), Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Baja Breeze, and Naturals White. Creamy Caramel ink was used for mr. monkey and the heart, chocolate chip for the main images and sentiment. I love the coffee cups on the 2nd card (this is one hostess set I will not be giving up!) so I'll be making up a bunch of these cards for my private use. I always look forward to a good cup of coffee with a friend so this card is very "me". lol.


Hope you enjoy these cards :)


Thanks for sharing with us, Adriana!

Until next week,
Happy Stampin'!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

carolm said...

too cute adriana! sock monkey is so cute.

carol.