Monday, January 5, 2009

Scrapbooking Christmas

Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow many demonstrators will be going to Florida for our annual Leadership Conference. For me I am just way excited for the warm weather. I dread the Utah winters.

Speaking of the cold, I am sure you have plenty of Christmas pictures to scrapbook. Here is a cute idea created by one of our design team members, Stephanie Gittins.

Stamps: Happy Everything
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Riding Hood Red Classic Pad, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler
Accessories: Sizzix Big Shot, Scribble Sizzlit, Snowflakes Sizzlits, UniBall Signo White Gel Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter


With three little boys, I don't have a lot of time to scrapbook! So while some of my pages are intricate and detailed, most of them are pretty quick and simple. This page is a good example. I took the colors for this page from the toy power tools in the bottom photo. I triple matted the photos to add some subtle color and impact. The title was stamped on scraps, and it didn't stand out enough so I doodled a border around each piece. I masked the "s" on holiday because this page is just about one Christmas and I thought it was kind of a fun play on a common phrase.

The journaling is just handwritten with a white gel pen. (Although I know many of us hate our own handwriting, I think in years to come our children and grandchildren will really enjoy seeing it on our pages.)

Finally, I used my Big Shot to cut out some snowflakes and a swirl. I doodled around the swirl with my gel pen, and then added a little glitter to the die cuts for some shimmer. The whole page took less than half an hour!



Thank you Stephanie for sharing your creativity with us

Happy Stampin'
Max

1 comment:

carolm said...

looks good stephanie!

cheers ~ carol.