Thursday, December 11, 2008

Diva Inspiration Challenge #21

When I saw this picture, I started singing Silent Night to myself. I love the glow of it in the forest with the other trees. I came across this picture at Wicksteed Park. It naturally grabbed my attention!
If you weren't in the Christmas mood, this pic will sure help you get there faster! And even more holiday spirit, would you believe Houston got snow today?? Of course it's a light dusting, but it's still snow! (But Monday will be back in the 70's - go figure).

So moving on, for my sample today, I wanted to focus on the glow of the single tree in the dark snow covered forest - at least that's the idea I started with......

I think I was able to accomplish my goal somewhat. I decided to use the Chalkboard technique for this to get that certain glow to the tree. I also stamped the background with VersaMark and heat embossed snowflakes. I did go ahead and add two more silver brads on either side of the "Warm Wishes" saying. I kept looking at this card wondering what was not quite right, and of course the brads answered that question.

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Hugs and Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy, Craft White, VersaMark
Accessories: Silver Brads, Coluzzle, Paper Piercer, White Embossing Powder, Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, Pastels

To see what my creative team came up with, just click on their name:
Bev
Elizabeth


To view the submissions on SCS click here.

Now it's your turn! Post a link in the comments section with your blog entry or SCS gallery showing us what creation you were inspired to come up with!! If you upload to SCS be sure to put DivaIC21 (no spaces) as the keyword. Have fun!!

Inspire Stampin' happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

3 comments:

carolm said...

the samples are beautiful. very clever bev!

i cannot wait to play with this picture!

cheers ~ carol.

Maxine Conrad said...

Absolutely stunning....The picture and your creation Maria! :)

carolm said...

my submission for this challenge may be seen at www.stuffbycarol.blogspot.com.

xox ~ carol.