Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Projects made in Florida!

Here are some fun projects made by Adriana Benitez from Florida. I am so excited to be going to Leadership and the fact that is in Florida makes it much more exciting. I have been to 34 States and this will make it 35. I dread the UTAH Winters so January in Florida will be perfect for me.



This little memo box made using a template shared by Janine Tinklenberg. (Her blog: stampspaperscissors.typepad.com) It's the perfect sized box for sticky notes, or you can cut scrap printer paper to 2-7/8" square. This is the kind of project that comes together quickly and makes a great gift for a teacher, receptionist.... anyone who tends to jot down a lot of notes. If I keep this one, it'll reside next to my computer - seems like I'm always looking for a place to jot down notes!

The box base is made out of Pink Passion and I dolled it up a little with some Bali Breeze (ret.) dsp. Our 5 petal punch helped me to make a cute topper for the stack and I added a few dots of glitter just for fun! And because I can't seem to work with out ribbon (!), a little 1/4" red grosgrain adds a nice little touch to the outside of the box.


This project is a small card based on our layout challenge from 2 weeks ago. I have a class that meets every Friday and have decided to focus on layouts for the next few months. Every week, I give them a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" reference card printed with the layout we are working on; then we get to make a sample card based on the layout. It's been a great way to share different ways to use the stamps, tools and supplies they have (and want) as well as the techniques we've learned so far.
And the size of the card makes it easy for them to keep it handy no matter where they are crafting. Thank you UDI for the weekly layout challenge - without it, I'm not sure I would have thought of this and it's SO nice to give my customers something they are enjoying so much!

This card sample uses the following supplies:
paper: pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, old olive, naturals white
ink: chocolate chip, stazon brown
stamps: Thoroughly Thankful, Autumn Harvest
other: hemp twine, 1" and 11/4" circle punches, coloring pencils, odorless mineral spirits and paper stumps

2 comments:

carolm said...

very cute adriana. i especially love what you did with the sketch challenge.

cheers ~ carol.

(love jan tink's blog)

Karen said...

love this idea with printing the sketches out - I'll have to start that with my clubs!! tfs!!