Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

The Occasions Mini is almost at an end (sad, I know) but Stephanie Gittins has a great idea for using up the last scraps of your Sending Love DSP.  Aren't these great!  Easy and fast - I love it!


Eat Cake mini birthday cards

After my February class, I had a few supplies left over, including these 3x3 gift cards.  I wanted to do something different than the Valentine-type cards from the class, so I switched out my greeting and layered a punch.  Using markers to highlight different words makes a simple stamped image into a great focal point.  Even though the Sending Love Designer Series Paper has traditional Valentine colors, the patterns are so versatile that you can use the paper for any kind of project.  I love these simple little cards; they are perfect for attaching to a gift or a bag.

Stamps: 
Inks:  Real Red, Pretty in Pink, and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write markers
Paper:  Sending Love Designer Series Paper.  Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock
Accessories:  Scallop Square Punch

Thanks Steph - I'll definitely be making a few of these to keep on hand!

No comments: