Monday, April 5, 2010

Beautiful Dimensional Roses

Happy Monday Friends,
Hope you have had a fabulous Easter.  Next month is Mother's Day.  Being that my Mom lives in England, she gets to celebrate Mother's Day twice a year.  In March, she gets to celebrate with my brother and sister and in May she will be here in the US, so she will get to celebrate with us here. I have been wondering what kind of card I should create for her - I need look no further.
Today's creation was made by the fabulous Gretchen Barron.  Just look at the details ..........
"I've been so anxious to try these beautiful dimensional roses that I saw on Julie William's blog. They are created using the new Extra Large Fancy Flower punch. Julie a fabulous tutorial and although these flowers take a little time and patience, her step-by-step directions will lead you through the whole process. Thanks, Julie, for such a great resource! So, here's my finished card ...
I decided to do yellow roses, with tints of Regal Rose and Pumpkin Pie. I followed Julie's tutorial exactly and I'm pretty pleased with how these first roses turned out. I'm sure that the more of these you make, the better and easier they will get. I used Apricot Appeal cardstock and Regal Rose ink for the pink-toned rose and Barely Banana cardstock and Pumpkin Pie Ink for the two that are more yellow!
I sponged Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose ink onto the Swirly Bride Paper for the gorgeous resist background. The sentiment is from Well Scripted and the ribbon is 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain. I used Tombo Adhesive to make the roses and Pop Up glue Dots to adhere them to the card. I created the leaves using the Large Oval Punch."
More pictures and complete instructions, including dimensions, are included on my blog at http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/beautiful-dimensional-roses.html

Thanks as always Gretchen for sharing your wonderful creativity with us. 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

carolm said...

oh my, this is gorgeous. xoxo