Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday again!

Here we are at Wednesday again. Today's card comes to us from the oh-so-talented Gretchen Barron. Make sure you check out her blog (the link is in the sidebar along with all our Divas' blogs) for more fantastic creations!



I just love the Bella Blossoms Stamp set! And, although it's on the
Dormant List (but still available for purchase), I'm hoping it's not going to retire this summer. I think there is so much more that can be done with it! I began with a Rose Red Card Base and a 2nd layer of Cameo Coral. The Designer Series Paper is Raspberry Tart, and I used two different patterns from the DSP. The Kiwi Kiss print was punched with the Eyelet Border Punch. The ribbon is 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain in Rose Red.



I stamped the flower image three times -- once (just the leaves) on the Whisper White layer. Once (on a scrap of Whisper White) in Rose Red and another time in Cameo Coral. I carefully cut out the Rose Red flower, applied Crystal Effects to the inside white part and dipped it in Clear Micro Beads, and then adhered it to the stem using SNAIL adhesive. Next, I cut out just the inside of the the Cameo Coral flower, sponged the edges with Rose Red ink and mounted it on the other layers with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Not to feel left-out, the inside of the card is stamped as well for a nice little surprise when you open the card!

I really love the way this card turned out!. For more pictures and details, see my blog post at http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/04/one-sketch-three-cards.html.


Thanks for sharing with us, Gretchen!

Until next week...
Happy Stampin'!
Elizabeth





2 comments:

Java Joanne said...

Wow! What a "show-stopping" gorgeous card!!! More like a piece of ART!!! Well done, stamper!!!

=)

Java Joanne

carolm said...

this card is incredible gretchen!!!! i love it!

i love your amazing talent.

xoxox