Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wacky Wednesday!

Hello! Happy Wednesday! Today's projects come from Carol Marbach. She is a demo in Michigan. I bet it's really cold there! ;) I had the pleasure of meeting Carol and spending some time with her at the SU! Convention in SLC just a few months ago. She is a wonderful person, and I can't wait to see her again!

This is Carol and me in SLC! Carol is the blonde.
All Carol's projects are made with one stamp set...Puns from the Past!

Here's what Carol had to say!

When I first saw the Puns, I fell in love with the set. It brought back memories of my gramma, mom and dad, as well as me, and what I grew up with. There is not one of the eight images that I haven't either seen or used myself. What’s not to smile about this set.

Baby ~ this card just screamed “well loved.” It’s a treasure of a time when a child was born. A beloved memory from the past. As I sat there “aging” my card I literally said out loud: “I can’t believe I’m doing this.” I achieved the look I wanted but had to wonder about my sanity for making this card from scratch and destroying it. :$

I used pink pirouette cards stock and 1 ¼” ribbon, chocolate chip cs, 5/8” ribbon and ink and creamy caramel cs and ink. The caramel was used to age the card with smudges of chocolate chip here and there. If I drank coffee I would have dripped a few spots on it also. I scrunched up the ribbon (which bounced back immediately), roughed up the edges and “instant age.” (The torn corner piece I kept inside the card. I just couldn’t throw it away.)

Sew ~ a bit more contemporary twist on this card. Selene got me hooked on using gray as a dominate color instead of an accent. J The sewing machine is embossed on the urban garden dsp and then I build the layers from there. The large gray cs also has the sanded background on it. A gray taffeta bow finishes it off.



Grateful ~ is my quirky card. I punched a scrap with the scallop edge punch for a template. I then dry embossed the “ridges” and smudged Night of Navy ink on them to mirror the cutting edges of the grater. Whisper White, Night of Navy, Barely Banana and Kiwi Kiss make up this card.






Sorry ~ When I first saw the Ski Slope DSP, all I could think of was the 70’s. Mind you, the names have been changed, but they are darn close to the real thing. Guess that’s why it’s call “Retro.”

Making this card made me smile because I used to use one of these erasers in typing class in high school. (A computer??? I’m scratching my head.)

Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss and Apricot Appeal helped me to make this card. As we know, hind site is 20/20. That’s why I kept this card so simple. The only stamping on it is the one image (embossed), and everything else is just layered cs and ribbon. Compared to today, the 70’s were simple. Though we were coming out of the Vietnam War, things were not as turbulent as they are today for teenagers.



Perk ~ Riding Hood Red and Bella Rose DSP created this simple card. The second image from the left is embossed.







Camera ~ Balance came to mind for the camera card. I framed the camera with a chipboard frame and added the “U” in the opposite corner. The “picture perfect” is framed with our styled silver hardware. The silver brads in the lower left corner balance the sentiment also. “Picture Perfect U.”




Fan ~ I wanted to duplicate the fan blades by using the small oval punch, bending the long sides up and down and then sponging to add dimension. The fan is stamped on Shimmer White cs and punched with the square scallop punch, as is the opening.




Type ~ Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke finished out the
Puns collection. I stamped little hearts from “Short and Sweet” on the textured card stock and then embossed the typewriter on the artichoke and finished off with a clip from our new “clips assortment” and added eggplant and black grosgrain ribbon.
Thanks for sharing your cards and your memories, Carol!
See you all next Wednesday!
Happy Stampin'!
*~Elizabeth~*

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

What a way to showcase a stamp set! Awesome job Carol!!!

Maria :)

Anonymous said...

Love all the ways you used this set. And the fan/oval punches - what a great idea! TFS