Saturday, November 29, 2008

Showcase Saturday

Beginning next Saturday (December 6th--wow...already DECEMBER?!), I will be posting the UDI sketch challenges. I hope you'll join us in participating.

Today I would like to introduce Karen F. to you.

Hi, I'm Karen and I live in Maryland with my husband and our 3 children. We've been married for 11 years and our kids are Madison - 8.5, Mackenzie - 4, and Trenton (TJ) - 2.5. They definitely keep me busy. Outside of taking care of them, I work part-time in a clothing consignment store - almost 2 years now. I've been a Stampin' Up! demo now for 9 years (Nov). I mainly do clubs - currently have 2. One meets at my house monthly and the other one is a long distance club that submits orders. I just send them a project in their order each month. While I enjoy doing the clubs, I don't like the prep work. :) I tend to be a procrastinator and thus am always planning for them at the last minute.Other than the above that keeps me busy, I'm on 3 design teams. I enjoy them as I get to work with other things that I normally wouldn't get to. It's also nice to see your work out there. :) I'm also a big sports nut - I love watching sports. I mainly enjoy Football, Baseball, and Basketball, but will watch most anything sports related. My favorite station to be on is ESPN. My DH jokes that I watch more than him! Well - that's about it for me. Thanks!!

Snow Swirled Card
Stamps - Snow Swirled
CS - Kraft, Bravo Burgundy
Ink - Craft White, Bravo Burgundy
Other - White Embossing Powder, Burgundy 5/8 Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals
I DTP (direct to paper) all edges of card stock with the Craft White ink.

Harvest Thanks Card
Stamps - Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
CS - Confetti Cream, Really Rust, Garden Tea DSP (I think)
Ink - StazOn Black
Other - Markers: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Basic Black, Going Grey

Fresh Cuts Card
Stamps - Fresh Cuts
CS - Fresh Cuts Notecards, Elegant Eggplant
Ink - Elegant Eggplant, Craft White
Other - Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch

Have a wonderful weekend.
Alicia :)

1 comment:

carolm said...

beautiful cards karen.

chip would love being married to you. he likes espn too. yuck, though i do watch it sometimes.

cheers ~ carol.