Thursday, November 20, 2008

Diva Inspiration Challenge #18

I can't believe next week is already Thanksgiving!! I am not yet prepared for Thanksgiving or the Christmas season immediately following, but one way or another everything will get done! In the meantime, pull up a chair and roll up your sleeves - it's time for Diva Inspiration Challenge #18!! This week's picture has come from Martha Stewart again. She has such appealing pictures that are perfect for these inspiration challenges. Today's image is a yummy happy cake dripping with flowers.

For my sample today I chose Summer Sun, and Whisper White. I first stamped a background using the Floral Background Stamp in Summer Sun on Whisper White cardstock. I knew I wanted to use the flowers that are on the cake, so my next step was to punch out a few with the Boho Blossoms Punch. After playing around with it, my eyes were hurting - too much white and yellow! That's when I changed out the base of the card and then added the Basic Black to the card. This did help tame it a little bit better. The flowers were sponged with Summer Sun Ink and glued on the band at the bottom of the card. The flower up by the saying has a little Basic Black sponged around it's edges and then popped up on a dimensional.

Stamps: Floral BG, Best Yet
Paper: Summer Sun, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Summer Sun, Basic Black
Accessories: Boho Blossoms Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Dimensional, Sponge

To see what my creative team came up with, just click on their name:
Bev
Elizabeth


To view the submissions on SCS click here.

Now it's your turn! Post a link in the comments section with your blog entry or SCS gallery showing us what creation you were inspired to come up with!! If you upload to SCS be sure to put DivaIC18 (no spaces) as the keyword. Have fun!!

Inspire Stampin' happiness wherever you go!! :)
~~Maria~~

3 comments:

carolm said...

love it!!!

xox ~ carol.

Ching said...

Another great inspiration ! Nice card ! Here is mine ...
http://craftyshotz.blogspot.com

carolm said...

my submission for this inspiration is at: stuffbycarol.blogspot.com

cheers ~ carol.