Friday, April 9, 2010

Finally Friday with Pink, Brown & Flowers!!


Hello all!!! How are you this fine Friday? Ask I type this, I am in Harrisburg, PA at the 2nd Annual Remarkable Retreat - Hot City Lights!!! Put on by my upline, Janet Wakeland. Last August was the first retreat and oh what fun we had! I will be here until Sunday and then will head home.

My creation for you is the name tag I made for the SCS 2010 Michigan Mingle. This is an event that is held each year for any Michigan stamper who would like to attend. We have a name tag challenge, among other fun challenges, and this was mine. I even won the contest! How cool is that??? I received a $15 Archivers gift card, which is already gone!!

When I put this together I really didn't have a specific idea and I was putting things together to take with me while I was gone for work.

The scalloped circle is cut from chipboard, using my Big Shot. Boy, that tool can cut through anything!!! I covered it with the Pretty in Pink dsp from the Sending Love speciality dsp in the Occasions mini. Hard to see in the photo, but this dsp has glitter already on it.

The second layer was cut from the Top Note die, from chipboard, creating a medallion from the Top Note. The dsp I used on here is Pink Pirouette (which will be back as a core color in the new 2010 - 2011 catalog!!!) and Sweet Always dsp. The Pretty in Pink strip was in my scraps and I already had embossed it with the Perfect Details texture plate.

I cut my name using the Timeless Type alpha and my Big Shot. You can do so many wonderful things with this gadget. If you don't have one yet, I urge you get one. This layer is popped up with many dimensionals!!!! Didn't want it to fall off.

My ribbon flower was made using Regal Rose gg. I stitched along one edge with linen thread and then pulled it into a circle shape when I finished. After that I just played with it to get the look I wanted. The center is 3/4" circle punched from the same dsp I used on the scallop circle and then a Chocolate Chip epoxy brad in the center. This is popped up on a thicker pop dot. Actually, this flower is really where the idea for the whole name tag started from. I cut leaves with my Little Leaves sizzlet from Kiwi Kiss.

The ruffled ribbon behind the scallop circle is made the same way as my small ribbon flower, but I used the 1 1/4" Pink Pirouette gg and the double stitched Chocolate Chip. Once I had the look I was going for, I adhered it to the back with sticky tape. A length of the Chocolate Chip poly twill served as my lanyard.

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

Maxine Conrad said...

NO surprise that you won Ann! This is absolutely stunning! WAY TO GO my friend :)

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous, Ann! Congrats on winning the contest!

carolm said...

wow!!!! can you make all of us one! love it. xoxox