Friday, March 12, 2010

Finally Friday & All in White!!!


This week we are focusing on the color of white. Now, I don't know about you, but I have a very hard time creating white on white cards. But, last weekend was the VSN weekend on SCS and one of the challenges was to create a card mostly of white. You could add a touch of color, but not too much!

My sample for you this week is that card I created for VSN. I'm actually very happy with how it turned out.

My card base is, of course white. The background panels were run through my Big Shot using the Petals a Plenty and Perfect Polka dots embossing folders. Both of these eb folders are available now!! Once they were put together, I used my distressor tool around the edges. This helps to break up the different layers of white.

The main image panel was punched with the new Scallop Trim border and corner punches now available. The border punch is free with a $50 order during SAB, which ends this month!!!

Once this panel was punched, I stamped my bird, from a A Spring Song, in black staz on. This is a new set for me that I earned during SAB!!! I then watercolored the bird using my aqua painter and ink from the lids of Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, Apricot Appeal and Sahara Sand. Watercoloring is not one of my strong areas, but I like how this turned out.

I wrapped the white satin organdy around the end, secured it with a crystal rhinestone brad and added the leaves. You can't tell in the photo but some of the leaves were punched with leftover embossed white and from the Brides dsp.

This whole panel is up on thick dimensionals. And, for me, this is Clean and Simple!!

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

carolm said...

wow annie!!! this is gorgeous. just beautiful. xoxo

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Oh, this is so very pretty!! how beautiful!!!