Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Did someone say, CHOCOLATE?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have an "Emergency" Chocolate jar hidden away in my dresser drawer where my kids can't get to it!

Check out this adorable project from Stephanie Gittins - this is one jar that you won't be hiding away in your sock drawer!


Stephanie says:

Like lots of stampers, I like to keep treats near my stamping space! I decided I needed a cuter way to store them, so I came up with this little project. I got the jar for just a few dollars at WalMart, but it holds a LOT of chocolate! I applied Decor Elements around the sides, which only took a few seconds. The top of the lid is decorated with paper cut with my new Circle Scissor, and then layered with flowers.



The tag is my favorite part! I layered a tag from the new Matchbox Die for the Big Shot with the new Scalloped Oval Punch and the Large Oval Punch. The "Yummy" comes from one of the Sale-a-bration sets that just retired; I inked only the word I wanted with my Chocolate Chip marker. Finally, you may have noticed that I used a Chocolate Chip brad, which SU! doesn't have. This is a great tip for using your Craft inks! I simply grabbed a Silver brad with the tweezers from my Crafter's Tool Kit, dipped it in my Chocolate Chip Craft Ink Spot, and then dipped it in Clear Embossing Powder. A few seconds with my heat tool, and voila- you can have brads in any color! I attached the tag to the Chocolate Chip ribbon with a scrap of linen thread; I tied it under the knot so it won't show.



Stamps: Yummy (retired)
Inks: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Chocolate Chip Craft Ink Spot
Paper: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White Carstock. Sweet Always Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Rose Red Flower Decor Elements, Pretties Kit, Flower Fusion & Flower Fusion Too, Crystal Brads (Square-Fire), Silver Brads, Crystal Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Chocolate Chip Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Pop-Up Glue Dots


And may I just add my two cents...I made a similar jar to Stephanie's and used it as a prize give-away at one of my classes. My customers loved that I showed them how easy it was to apply the Decor Element and they were even more thrilled when I gave it away. It was quick and inexpensive, but such a big hit!

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Cute jar Stephanie! I agree that treats should definitely be handy when being creative. :)

carolm said...

love the pink flowers with the chocolate!!! great idea.

xoxo